Latest topics
» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:02 pm by tornpage

» Brother Andre Marie MICM, the Prior at the St. Benedict Center does not correct Frs.Brian Harrison and Cekada,Bishops Sanborn,Pirvanus,Kelly and Fellay
Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 pm by MRyan

» Revisiting Diocese/Parish Screening Policy
Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:03 pm by MRyan

» When sedes and trads can accept that Pius XII made a mistake then popes since John XXIII are no more in heresy
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:08 pm by MRyan

» Doctrinal talks were conducted with Fr.Gleize on 'the other side'
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:08 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Pope Benedict permitted Fr. Jean Marie Gleize to lead in doctrinal talks since he was a liberal ?
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:59 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Padre Pio told Fr.Gabriel Amorth," It is Satan who has been introduced into the bosom of the Church and within a very short time will come to rule a false Church" -Bishop Richard Williamson
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:14 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Mons. Brunero Gherardini misled the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and many traditionalists
Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:18 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Official statement from SSPX awaited : Fr.Gleize and other theologians have got it wrong
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:10 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Brother Andre Marie MICM too is teaching error : Bishop Sanborn cannot report at the Chancery office
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:50 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Magsiterial Heresy ?
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:36 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Magisterium should apologise to the SSPX for the excommunication of Archbishop Lefebvre
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:34 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Brother Francis MICM made a mistake on Vatican Council II
Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:14 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Legion of Christ universities in Rome adapt to leftist laws
Fri May 22, 2015 7:53 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» CM, SSPX, MICM deny the Faith to please superiors
Thu May 21, 2015 4:44 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» SSPX and Church Militant are using the same liberal theology and are unaware of it
Wed May 20, 2015 9:54 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Michael Voris uses liberal theology and yet critcizes Michael Coren
Tue May 19, 2015 10:10 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fr.John Zuhlsdorf condones Mass for suicide
Tue May 19, 2015 9:18 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Vatican Council II is traditional or liberal depending on how you interpret the Letter of the Holy Office
Mon May 18, 2015 5:57 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Church Militant unable to answer questions on extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Sun May 17, 2015 5:55 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Bill Strom's Vatican III

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bill Strom's Vatican III

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 am

Have any of you guys read this? This is really good. Wouldn't it be awesome if some future Cardinal were surfing online and this became the schemas for Vatican III? I love the footnote references.
lhttp://catholicvox.blogspot.com/2009/03/session-one-dogmatic-constitution-of.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill Strom's Vatican III

Post  MRyan on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:55 pm

RashaLampa wrote:Have any of you guys read this? This is really good. Wouldn't it be awesome if some future Cardinal were surfing online and this became the schemas for Vatican III? I love the footnote references.
lhttp://catholicvox.blogspot.com/2009/03/session-one-dogmatic-constitution-of.html

Very interesting (from what I've read); even if a bit brash - though I understand the intent. But I would like to solicit feedback from the group on the following section (emphasis and underscore mine):

2. This Council proclaims absolutely that membership in the Catholic Church is necessary for salvation and only validly baptized persons, which hold the True Faith, after they have reached the age of discernment, are members of the Catholic Church. Those who have been alienated from this same Church by 1.) the sin of heresy, 2.) the sin of schism, or 3.) the censure of excommunication are not members.(Note 4)

Canon 4
Those who are validly baptized as young children in non-Catholic denominations are members of the Catholic Church (Note 5) but after having reached the age of discernment, if or when they assent to heresy and/or schism of their respective denominations, even though justified by Baptism in infancy, they separate themselves from the body of the Church, and they lose the habit of faith, thus are consequently out of the way of salvation. (Note 6)

In individual cases, however in numbers known only to God, validly baptized persons might not be guilty of the sins of heresy and/or schism, owing to "invincible ignorance"( non-culpible ignorance) of the true Faith, Canon 5 in these cases they may belong to the Catholic Church by desire, provided they put no obstacle of the will to the authority of the Vicar of Christ, and obey God in things revealed for salvation such as being free from all mortal sin, and believe explicitly the mysteries of the faith which are necessary by a necessity of means, especially the mysteries of the Trinity and the Incarnation for salvation. (Note 7)

Canon 6 Nevertheless this is no reason to assume ignorance of the Catholic Faith is a benefit to anyone to salvation, quite the opposite is true. (Note Cool

Comments? (I'm not sure where the smiley face came from at the end)
MRyan

Back to top Go down

nonsense

Post  Dominion on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Jesus dictated seven letters to the seven churches at the beginning of Apocalypse. Rome was not among them. Blow it out your ear, Bill Strom, whoever you are..
Dominion

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:27 am

Dominion wrote: Jesus dictated seven letters to the seven churches at the beginning of Apocalypse. Rome was not among them. Blow it out your ear, Bill Strom, whoever you are..

So which one of those churches do you belong to? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominion on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Ha! Your kung-fu is weak.
Dominion

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Janitor on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:19 am

I am unlocking this topic again. Please resume discussion on Bill Strom's Vatican III.
Forum Janitor
Admin

http://catholicforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

yay

Post  Dominion on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:36 am

So, Bill Strom wants all those Canons enforced? I don't believe in any of them, especially #12.
Dominion

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:36 am

Dominion wrote:So, Bill Strom wants all those Canons enforced? I don't believe in any of them, especially #12.

So are you believer in anything? Are you a Christian?

Back to top Go down

Post  Pio on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:15 am

2. This Council proclaims absolutely that membership in the Catholic Church is necessary for salvation and only validly baptized persons, which hold the True Faith, after they have reached the age of discernment, are members of the Catholic Church.
This #2 is problematic to me ..... it puts Roman Catholic children as non-members if read alone. And then later it jumps to the status of children of heretic parents.

What is this age of discernment?
Pio

Back to top Go down

Post  Pio on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:19 am

duckbill wrote:
Dominion wrote:So, Bill Strom wants all those Canons enforced? I don't believe in any of them, especially #12.

So are you believer in anything? Are you a Christian?

Yeah, #12 has already been asserted in a council or an Ex Cathedra document but it bears repeating. I can back research and get the the exact reference if any one is interested.

It seems like most councils, knew how to deal with those machinations of those seeking to pervert the message. Vatican I seems especially strong in that regard.
Pio

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:35 am

Pio wrote:
2. This Council proclaims absolutely that membership in the Catholic Church is necessary for salvation and only validly baptized persons, which hold the True Faith, after they have reached the age of discernment, are members of the Catholic Church.
This #2 is problematic to me ..... it puts Roman Catholic children as non-members if read alone. And then later it jumps to the status of children of heretic parents.

What is this age of discernment?

That's a good point. I read that and missed it!
Hey Rasha, do you have personal contact with Bill? Maybe you can contact him and tell him. I haven't noticed if he even knows about this new forum. There is no mention of it on his blog.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum