Latest topics
» Angelqueen.org???
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:55 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Catholic theocracy- Vatican Council II ( Feeneyite) and extra ecclesiam nulla salus (Feeneyite) essential
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:57 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» The Social Reign of Christ the King can be seen based on Cushingite or Feeneyite theology, Vatican Council II with the false premise or without it
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» When Card. Ladaria and Bp Fellay meet a non Catholic they know he or she is oriented to Hell because the Church lic Church inspired by the Holy Spirit teaches this
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:49 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» No denial from Cardinal Ladaria and Bishop Fellay : two interpretations of Vatican Council II and theirs is the irrational one
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:44 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Ask Cardinal Ladaria a few questions when you meet him
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:42 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Now it is the time for cardinals Kasper and Marx to reject Vatican Council II
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:37 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» No denial from Cardinal Ladaria, CDF : schism from the Left over Vatican Council II
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:35 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Schism over Vatican Council II ?
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:30 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» SSPX recognises that Abp.Lefebvre's writings are obsolete : seminaries have to make the correction
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:25 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Polish traditionalists handicapped : Archbishop Lefebvre made a mistake
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:20 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Communities of Fr.Leonard Feeney in the USA when they interpret Vatican Council II with the irrational premise deny the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:18 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Bishop Robert J.McManus and Brother Thomas Augustine MICM,Superior,St.Benedict Center,Still River,MA, interpret Vatican Council II with the 'possibilites are exceptions' error
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:47 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» SSPX must be aware of the deception of Abp.Guido Pozzo and confront it
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:57 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Two popes must ask all Catholics to affirm Vatican Council II (premise-free) as they do
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:16 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Still River Ma., could lose canomical status because of Feeneyism
Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:54 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Intelligent Design and Evolution resources

Go down

Intelligent Design and Evolution resources

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:30 pm

My cousin (a sophomore in college) is in the midst of a biology class where they just watched "Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial". She is "confidently convinced" of the veracity of evolution but has been asking me a couple questions. I have a bunch of philosophy books (mostly in relation to metaphysics), but those will be over her head.

Thus far, I've simply recommended that she watch the Ben Stein movie "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed"; and responded to a few facebook comments on her page (from her and others), but I'm hoping someone else knows of some good [readable] resources I might be able to suggest to her.

She's very impressionable (and immature). Her views and beliefs change every 5 minutes. She's in this class, she likes the professor, so she watches this movie and thinks there's no response to Darwinism. No

Back to top Go down

Re: Intelligent Design and Evolution resources

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:23 am

Expelled is more of a movie about academic dishonesty than actually about intelligent design.....

I would say that these two movies are better:

"Privileged Planet"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6308516608498324470#

"Case for a Creator"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6308516608498324470#docid=688111496234161611

Both movies are available on Google Video online.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:26 am

Also you might want to check out Vin Lewis's audio on evolution. It is available on LuLu. He utterly destroys evolution in the audio. Learn those arguments and and tell those to her!

It costs $2.50
http://www.lulu.com/product/file-download/t37b-evolution/234649?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/1

This selection exposes evolution as the fraud, which it is, being inherently self-contradictory, and NOT part of "science" in any way. It clears up the difference between "natural selection" (a natural event) and evolution. It also explains the so-called "Christian evolution" theory. This selection will dispel the most common misconceptions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:24 pm

I would suggest this one "Unlocking the Mystery of Life":
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4227651822099649881#docid=8420752930631975913

the Ben Stein is more about freedom of speech than about evolution. It gives some good info. It shows that there is an unreasonable opposition. This should be explained to her.

Also "The Privileged Planet":
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6308516608498324470#

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks. I don't know if she will actually do anything about the information I've given her. (To tell you the truth I think she's shocked that I formulated a response that made a few persons on the other side of the debate delete their comments; and that I wasn't caught completely off guard).

The Ben Stein movie was mostly to shock her idea that "at college [she] is learning everything"; she fully believes that all colleges are campuses of academic freedom and that professors only teach "matters of fact" and not their own personal opinions and interpretations!

She could also use your prayers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:19 pm

It can be a complicated subject but I think the best is still: "Darwin on Trial"
http://www.amazon.com/Darwin-Trial-Phillip-Johnson/dp/0830813241

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:59 pm

I've got 'Darwin on Trial', I'll have to re-read it.

Has anyone ever read 'Creation Rediscovered' by Gerard Keane or 'The Death of Evolution' by Wallace Johnson? They are both put out by TAN books, but I was wondering if they have good purely rational arguments as well...

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:54 pm

I have “Creation Rediscovered” and would recommend it. There is no better “purely rational” argument than good theology, and Creation Rediscovered is just that. The question of Origins – of the world and of man – is not a question of science, but of theology (including sound metaphysics).

The book takes the reader through the various evolutionary theories and the discoveries of science before addressing what Christianity has to say on the subject. It also has a good section on the influence of evolution on belief systems, to include Christianity.

Hope that helps.
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:15 pm

I thought 'Creation Rediscovered' looked good, thanks MRyan. I will check it out.

No matter how often I point out to her that faith and [right] reason do not disagree, if I show her something and it mentions God she gets confused and thinks I'm making a theological argument instead of a reasonable one. She had very little formation in the faith and understands practically nothing of the Church and her teachings; and she is currently going through a bit of an official rebellion against the Faith.

Back to top Go down

Post  Missouri Mark on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Librarian,

Have her take a look at this, "Stephen Meyer vs Peter Ward: Intelligent Design public debate". Great public discussion/debate on Intelligent Design with Stephen Meyer.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8368757196506669988#

Missouri Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:42 am

WOW Mark what a great "debate" I like the format much better than the
formal debate! Never saw it before but I;m glad you posted it!
I
think Meyer punched the snot (intellectually) out of that Darwinist. His
arguments are so logical the evolutionist seemed lost. Was the
Darwinist drunk? He seemed to be slurring his words or was it the video?

BTW I haven't seen you here before so welcome!
It
is nice to discuss things that aren't dogmatic theology. It is a shame
more people on here don't share other interests together.

Back to top Go down

Post  columba on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:22 pm

is nice to discuss things that aren't dogmatic theology. It is a shame
more people on here don't share other interests together.

Cheap beer is one of those common interests if I remember correctly from Pascendis. Shocked Not during Lent though. Embarassed

Off to have a listen to that debate.
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum