Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"

4 posters

Go down

Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  Empty Re: Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"

Post  Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:22 am

seems pretty presumptuous of him to say that. It is a question though, does a minor need to wait to convert, till they are of age?

I would like to see a follow-up of what happened to this girl. Did she finally accept Baptism or was it already enough she had baptism of desire?

Back to top Go down

Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"  Empty Re: Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"

Post  Jehanne Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:09 am

Of course, "anyone whatsoever" (Lateran IV, Canon 1) can validly baptize, and if it were me, I would offer to baptize her myself. Directions for doing so are located here:

http://www.truecatholic.us/baptismadm.htm
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:14 am

Lay people can only baptize if the person's life is in danger and in the absence of a priest.

My question is that if this girl is already going to an Opus Dei meeting (most likely against the wishes of her parents) why couldn't she also get baptized against their wishes?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:24 am

duckbill wrote:seems pretty presumptuous of him to say that. It is a question though, does a minor need to wait to convert, till they are of age?

Hence it would be contrary to natural justice, if a child, before coming to the use of reason, were to be taken away from its parents' custody, or anything done to it against its parents' wish. As soon, however, as it begins to have the use of its free-will, it begins to belong to itself, and is able to look after itself, in matters concerning the Divine or the natural law, and then it should be induced, not by compulsion but by persuasion, to embrace the faith: it can then consent to the faith, and be baptized, even against its parents' wish; but not before it comes to the use of reason.

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/3010.htm#article12

Hmm, so St. Josemaria Escriva disagrees with St. Thomas. So much for consistency in this matter of baptism of desire.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 pm

RashaLampa wrote:Lay people can only baptize if the person's life is in danger and in the absence of a priest.

My question is that if this girl is already going to an Opus Dei meeting (most likely against the wishes of her parents) why couldn't she also get baptized against their wishes?

I baptized my last two children. No priest was available. (My first two were baptized by a Novus Ordo priest, the third by a SSPX priest.) I would do the same for that girl, if she requested it of me.

Canon 1752 -- 1983 Code of Canon Law

The salvation of souls, which must always be the supreme law in the Church, is to be kept before one’s eyes.
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  simple Faith Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:40 pm

The correct advice was given to the child, to remain subject to her parents until she comes of age, just as the bible tells us Jesus was to his parents: Luke 2: 51, 'And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them'.
simple Faith
simple Faith

Back to top Go down

Post  pascendi Tue May 24, 2011 7:46 pm

I can't find the video. Where's the video? I'll go look on Youtube.

pascendi

Back to top Go down

Post  DeSelby Tue May 24, 2011 9:06 pm

I also wonder what happened to the girl in the video.

Another video with a similar theme from the same site:

http://www.josemariaescriva.info/article/father2c-i-am-jewish

The same gentleman's testimony from 2009, also on the site:

I was invited by a friend in the Work to meet “the Father” (Saint Josemaria). I felt a healthy curiosity about him, and now I always carry a picture of him with me, and sometimes I talk to him. I don’t pray to him, because I don’t belong to the same religion, but I think he must be in the same heaven, with our Father God.
I wanted to know his attitude towards Jews, and I started off by saying: “Father, I’m Jewish – ”
Immediately, he interrupted me: “Jewish! I love all Jews a lot, because I love Jesus Christ a lot – madly – and he is a Jew. I don’t say he was, but he is. Jesus Christ is alive, and he is Jewish, like you. And the second love of my life is also Jewish: the blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ. So I look on you with great affection. Go on!”
The founder of Opus Dei talked about the love he felt for Jews, for Mary, and for Jesus, who were Jewish. It was a totally frank, open admission. I never imagined he would give me an answer like that. He expressed his feeling for Judaism as a very pure love, recalling what the two religions have in common, because they both have a common base.
I remember it vividly, as if it were today. It made a very deep impression on me. Then he begged my pardon for not letting me finish my question. I said, “I think my question has already been answered, Father!”
DeSelby
DeSelby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down