Latest topics
» Magsiterial Heresy ?
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:36 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Magisterium should apologise to the SSPX for the excommunication of Archbishop Lefebvre
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:34 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Brother Francis MICM made a mistake on Vatican Council II
Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:14 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Legion of Christ universities in Rome adapt to leftist laws
Fri May 22, 2015 7:53 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» CM, SSPX, MICM deny the Faith to please superiors
Thu May 21, 2015 4:44 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» SSPX and Church Militant are using the same liberal theology and are unaware of it
Wed May 20, 2015 9:54 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Michael Voris uses liberal theology and yet critcizes Michael Coren
Tue May 19, 2015 10:10 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fr.John Zuhlsdorf condones Mass for suicide
Tue May 19, 2015 9:18 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Vatican Council II is traditional or liberal depending on how you interpret the Letter of the Holy Office
Mon May 18, 2015 5:57 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Church Militant unable to answer questions on extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Sun May 17, 2015 5:55 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Brother Andre Marie MICM and Christine Niles approve liberal theology on Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus
Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Christine Niles misses the elephant in the living room
Fri May 15, 2015 9:54 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Cardinal Pell recommends the Roman Forum and telling a lie
Wed May 13, 2015 9:43 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» GOOGLE CLOSES DOWN BLOG EUCHARIST AND MISSION
Tue May 12, 2015 9:23 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Vatican Council II interpreted without the irrational premise. The SSPX could affirm this
Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:25 am by George Brenner

» Cardinal Raymond Burke approved Fr. John Hardon's error
Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:27 pm by tornpage

» Fr.Robert Barron in Catholicism uses an irrational proposition to reach an irrational conclusion
Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:49 am by Lionel Andrades

» Cardinal Raymond Burke interprets Church documents with an irrational premise and conclusion and offers the Traditional Latin Mass
Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:25 am by Lionel Andrades

» Beautiful Gregorian Chant
Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:10 pm by tornpage

» Fr.Robert Barron in Catholicism uses an irrational proposition to reach an irrational conclusion
Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:47 am by Lionel Andrades

Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 am

http://www.josemariaescriva.info/article/opus-dei-founder-escriva-chile-father-i-am-jewish

Back to top Go down

Re: Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:22 am

seems pretty presumptuous of him to say that. It is a question though, does a minor need to wait to convert, till they are of age?

I would like to see a follow-up of what happened to this girl. Did she finally accept Baptism or was it already enough she had baptism of desire?

Back to top Go down

Re: Real video footage: St Josemaria Escriva tells a Jewish girl she "already has baptism of desire"

Post  Jehanne on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:09 am

Of course, "anyone whatsoever" (Lateran IV, Canon 1) can validly baptize, and if it were me, I would offer to baptize her myself. Directions for doing so are located here:

http://www.truecatholic.us/baptismadm.htm
Jehanne

http://unamsanctamecclesiamcatholicam.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:14 am

Lay people can only baptize if the person's life is in danger and in the absence of a priest.

My question is that if this girl is already going to an Opus Dei meeting (most likely against the wishes of her parents) why couldn't she also get baptized against their wishes?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:24 am

duckbill wrote:seems pretty presumptuous of him to say that. It is a question though, does a minor need to wait to convert, till they are of age?

Hence it would be contrary to natural justice, if a child, before coming to the use of reason, were to be taken away from its parents' custody, or anything done to it against its parents' wish. As soon, however, as it begins to have the use of its free-will, it begins to belong to itself, and is able to look after itself, in matters concerning the Divine or the natural law, and then it should be induced, not by compulsion but by persuasion, to embrace the faith: it can then consent to the faith, and be baptized, even against its parents' wish; but not before it comes to the use of reason.

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/3010.htm#article12

Hmm, so St. Josemaria Escriva disagrees with St. Thomas. So much for consistency in this matter of baptism of desire.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 pm

RashaLampa wrote:Lay people can only baptize if the person's life is in danger and in the absence of a priest.

My question is that if this girl is already going to an Opus Dei meeting (most likely against the wishes of her parents) why couldn't she also get baptized against their wishes?

I baptized my last two children. No priest was available. (My first two were baptized by a Novus Ordo priest, the third by a SSPX priest.) I would do the same for that girl, if she requested it of me.

Canon 1752 -- 1983 Code of Canon Law

The salvation of souls, which must always be the supreme law in the Church, is to be kept before one’s eyes.
Jehanne

http://unamsanctamecclesiamcatholicam.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  simple Faith on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:40 pm

The correct advice was given to the child, to remain subject to her parents until she comes of age, just as the bible tells us Jesus was to his parents: Luke 2: 51, 'And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them'.
simple Faith

Back to top Go down

Post  pascendi on Tue May 24, 2011 7:46 pm

I can't find the video. Where's the video? I'll go look on Youtube.

pascendi

Back to top Go down

Post  DeSelby on Tue May 24, 2011 9:06 pm

I also wonder what happened to the girl in the video.

Another video with a similar theme from the same site:

http://www.josemariaescriva.info/article/father2c-i-am-jewish

The same gentleman's testimony from 2009, also on the site:

I was invited by a friend in the Work to meet “the Father” (Saint Josemaria). I felt a healthy curiosity about him, and now I always carry a picture of him with me, and sometimes I talk to him. I don’t pray to him, because I don’t belong to the same religion, but I think he must be in the same heaven, with our Father God.
I wanted to know his attitude towards Jews, and I started off by saying: “Father, I’m Jewish – ”
Immediately, he interrupted me: “Jewish! I love all Jews a lot, because I love Jesus Christ a lot – madly – and he is a Jew. I don’t say he was, but he is. Jesus Christ is alive, and he is Jewish, like you. And the second love of my life is also Jewish: the blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ. So I look on you with great affection. Go on!”
The founder of Opus Dei talked about the love he felt for Jews, for Mary, and for Jesus, who were Jewish. It was a totally frank, open admission. I never imagined he would give me an answer like that. He expressed his feeling for Judaism as a very pure love, recalling what the two religions have in common, because they both have a common base.
I remember it vividly, as if it were today. It made a very deep impression on me. Then he begged my pardon for not letting me finish my question. I said, “I think my question has already been answered, Father!”
DeSelby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum