Latest topics
» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Yesterday at 4:34 pm by MRyan

» Brother Andre Marie MICM, the Prior at the St. Benedict Center does not correct Frs.Brian Harrison and Cekada,Bishops Sanborn,Pirvanus,Kelly and Fellay
Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 pm by MRyan

» Revisiting Diocese/Parish Screening Policy
Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:03 pm by MRyan

» When sedes and trads can accept that Pius XII made a mistake then popes since John XXIII are no more in heresy
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:08 pm by MRyan

» Doctrinal talks were conducted with Fr.Gleize on 'the other side'
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:08 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Pope Benedict permitted Fr. Jean Marie Gleize to lead in doctrinal talks since he was a liberal ?
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:59 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Padre Pio told Fr.Gabriel Amorth," It is Satan who has been introduced into the bosom of the Church and within a very short time will come to rule a false Church" -Bishop Richard Williamson
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:14 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Mons. Brunero Gherardini misled the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and many traditionalists
Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:18 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Official statement from SSPX awaited : Fr.Gleize and other theologians have got it wrong
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:10 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Brother Andre Marie MICM too is teaching error : Bishop Sanborn cannot report at the Chancery office
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:50 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Magsiterial Heresy ?
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:36 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Magisterium should apologise to the SSPX for the excommunication of Archbishop Lefebvre
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:34 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Brother Francis MICM made a mistake on Vatican Council II
Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:14 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Legion of Christ universities in Rome adapt to leftist laws
Fri May 22, 2015 7:53 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» CM, SSPX, MICM deny the Faith to please superiors
Thu May 21, 2015 4:44 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» SSPX and Church Militant are using the same liberal theology and are unaware of it
Wed May 20, 2015 9:54 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Michael Voris uses liberal theology and yet critcizes Michael Coren
Tue May 19, 2015 10:10 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fr.John Zuhlsdorf condones Mass for suicide
Tue May 19, 2015 9:18 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Vatican Council II is traditional or liberal depending on how you interpret the Letter of the Holy Office
Mon May 18, 2015 5:57 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Church Militant unable to answer questions on extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Sun May 17, 2015 5:55 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Is the NEW MASS LEGIT?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is the NEW MASS LEGIT?

Post  MRyan on Wed May 25, 2011 11:25 pm

The SSPX is at it again:
http://sspx.org/news/is_new_mass_legit/is_the_new_mass_legit.htm

"Is the NEW MASS LEGIT?

5-25-2011

Pope Paul VI published on April 3, 1969 the Apostolic Constitution, Missale Romanum that supposedly promulgated the Novus Ordo Missae; but was this a legitimate act?"

Yes, it was, but let's get right to the conclusion of this latest hit piece:

"Now, even if one wanted to contest the heretical elements of the New Mass, the sole refusal to profess Catholic dogmas quintessential to the Mass renders the new liturgy deficient. It is like a captain who refuses to provide his shipmen with a proper diet. They soon become sick with scurvy due, not so much to direct poison, as from vitamin deficiency. Such is the new Mass. At best, it provides a deficient spiritual diet to the faithful. The correct definition of evil—lack of a due good—clearly shows that the New Mass is evil in and of itself regardless of the circumstances. It is not evil by positive profession of heresy. It is evil by lacking what Catholic dogma should profess: the True Sacrifice, the Real Presence, the ministerial priesthood. This deficiency had already been denounced by Cardinals Ottaviani and Bacci months before the New Mass was promulgated:

'The recent reforms have amply demonstrated that new changes in the liturgy could not be made without leading to complete bewilderment of the faithful, who already show an indubitable lessening of their faith. Among the best of the clergy, the result is an agonizing crisis of conscience, numberless instances of which come to our notice daily.'"

How are those "doctrinal" discussions going anyway? This should liven things up.
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Re: Is the NEW MASS LEGIT?

Post  Guest on Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am

Add this to one of many reasons why I will not go (and have never gone) to an SSPX Mass.

Back to top Go down

Post  Roguejim on Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 am

I would go to an SSPX Mass with great joy. The Novus Ordo Mass at my parish is painful to attend. What the SSPX thinks about the Novus Ordo is immaterial to me. I wish they would open up shop here.
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu May 26, 2011 12:26 pm

While I hesitate to call the Novus Ordo "evil" or "heretical" outright, I do agree with many of the concerns of the SSPX regarding the Novus Ordo liturgy (or rather, especially its celebration, which is what really matters).

It is like a captain who refuses to provide his shipmen with a proper diet. They soon become sick with scurvy due, not so much to direct poison, as from vitamin deficiency. Such is the new Mass. At best, it provides a deficient spiritual diet to the faithful.
The recent reforms have amply demonstrated that new changes in the liturgy could not be made without leading to complete bewilderment of the faithful, who already show an indubitable lessening of their faith. Among the best of the clergy, the result is an agonizing crisis of conscience, numberless instances of which come to our notice daily.

That said, I have never attended an SSPX liturgy and when faced with a choice between Novus Ordo or SSPX (when no other TLM is available), I have suffered through the Novus Ordo rather than support a group which began through a schismatic act. I would LOVE to be privy to the doctrinal discussions between the SSPX and the Holy See.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri May 27, 2011 12:38 am

Luckily I am in a city with several TLMs, some Opus Dei Novus Ordos, the Byzantine rite (Ukrainian, Melkite, Romanian, Ruthenian), the Chaldean rite, the Maronite rite, the Syro-Malabar rite, the Syro-Malankara rite, and the Ge'ez rite.

My comment was not meant to be a judgement on people that go to the SSPX because they are in a situation like Roguejim.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum