Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 9:23 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin

4 posters

Go down

Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  Empty Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin

Post  MRyan Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:26 pm

eucharistandmission.blogspot:

DR.BRIAN KOPP DENIES AN EX CATHEDRA DOGMA AND IN MORTAL SIN RECEIVES THE EUCHARIST AT A TRIDENTINE RITE MASS

Podiatrist drags his feet on Church teaching. Kopp cops out on mortal sin.

I can't believe this is still posted on that notorious website.

Btw, Lionel, you’re lucky I had already left the old forum when you began your shameful diatribe against Dr. Kopp who refused to play your games and respond to your rigorist and severely flawed “de facto/de je jure” litmus test and interpretation of the salvation dogma, and referred you to the CCC instead.

Your public humiliation and calumny against a devout Catholic is one of the most shameful things I have ever witnessed, and I am ashamed that you are even allowed on this forum.

You have proven that you are not fit to judge the Faith of any Catholic; let alone the Faith of Dr. Kopp.

Until you remove that shameful post on your blog (and a public apology would be appropriate), I will not be responding to any more of your posts on this forum.

You really should just go away.

MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  Empty Re: Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin

Post  columba Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:39 pm

I second that.

Lionel no one is going to debate Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus with you lest they end up on your self-construed list of public heretics and have their name and photo plastered over your blog and on youtube too if I recall correctly.

Dr Kopp is under no obligation, morally or any other way to make answer to some private individuals interpretation of dogma and yet he did make answer in referring you to the appropriate passages in the CCC which he is in agreement with and which you say do not contradict the dogma. By pronouncing Dr Kopp a "heretic" you have also condemned the CCC as heretical.

It's scandalous that you still have this on your blog. You can't be taken seriously while this injustice to a fellow catholic remains unretracted.
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin  Empty Re: Public accusation of heresy and mortal sin

Post  Jehanne Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:36 pm

I third it, also. Please do not attack people publicly. Initially, on my blog, I decided to have all of my posts/essays be without any Internet links. Unfortunately, that became impossible to do. Still, I do not mention names of anyone, except to give credit to authors whose works I reference.

I have been considering your "De jure/De facto" distinction, and I believe that it is completely superfluous. It's just better to say that those who come to a genuine implicit faith and/or Baptism of Desire were sacramentally Baptized in their infancies, something, of course, that would be impossible to disprove and certainly more faithful to the Providence of the One and Triune God and His Will & Commandments.

Look, Lionel, we don't accept the current teaching of the Church carte blanche, so it's pointless to argue with those who do. Whether things like the CCC contradict the infallible Magisterium of the Church is a matter of debate, but we don't have to become sedes over it. If the Pope can err a little, then he can err a lot; after all, he has free will doesn't he?

We need to go our own ways, and if someday the Pope decides to embrace Tradition, great; if not, why follow him to Hell, if such is his fate?

Truth can take care of itself just fine, Lionel; it does not "need" us. Please let others make their own choices.
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Yeah Lionel when you came to this forum I really did not know whether I should immediately ban you or not. I agree, Dr. Kopp is not obliged to play by your rules and answer questions as if you are a judge in a court of law.

Debates here get pretty heated especially between MRYAN and myself and Duckbill and the other "water-only" people, but I would never dream of doing a blog post like you did about Dr. Kopp nor would Mike do something like that about us.

These kind of antics just prevent the Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus from being discussed in a civilized matter and hence the wider Catholic audiences just think we are all a bunch of nuts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Janitor Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 pm

In fact, you know what Lionel....goodbye. Remove those posts about Kopp and then I might consider letting you back here.

I think you need to really reconsider what you are doing when you have even people that hold the dogma Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus telling you what you are doing is wrong.
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor
Admin

https://catholicforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Janitor Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:40 pm

By the way Lionel, I am not being unfair, you obviously did not read the rules before you registered (They were written a long time before you came.)

https://catholicforum.forumotion.com/t40-official-forum-rules-read-before-posting
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor
Admin

https://catholicforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:47 pm

columba wrote:

Lionel no one is going to debate Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus with you lest they end up on your self-construed list of public heretics and have their name and photo plastered over your blog and on youtube too if I recall correctly.

That's true, it's simply too risky to debate you. I think you need to look up the words slander, detraction, calumny, and a person's right to their reputation in a moral theology manual. You accuse others of mortal sin for not holding the Dogma, but you are doing things which really lean towards serious matter, especially given how the info on the internet about a person can really destroy their reputation with employers and the like.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down