Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis

5 posters

Go down

Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis Empty Re: Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Interesting post on that blog but I think he also makes some mistakes. And Sungenis suffers from John Henry Newmanitis, that new revelations keeps coming and coming.

If the feast of the Assumption has been celebrated in early Palestine and was a universal feast I think this should be good evidence that the Assumption is on solid tradition grounds. We have relics I believe of all the apostles but non of our Lady hmmm....
We have her veil but no body fragments hmmm...

Also since we have 2 old testament saints taken up into heaven, Enoch, and Elijah, I think it is quite possible for BVMary could be too.
Icons of the assumption also go back to the earliest times and is one of the most famous.
As modern times takes pride in novelty, the ancient Church took pride in tradition. Things like the Assumption don't spring up and there is no heavy opposition. Just to change the design of an icon was looked at as scandalous, bordering on sacrilege.

Last edited by duckbill on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis Empty Re: Sauna Debates Blog: White vs. Sungenis

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:51 am

I invited Emil to the fourm, let's see if he shows up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Roguejim Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:21 pm

I emailed Robert Sungenis. He will post his response on his site in a day or so.
Roguejim
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominion Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Sungenis, LOL
Dominion
Dominion

Back to top Go down

Post  Roguejim Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Roguejim
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

Post  Roguejim Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:38 pm

It appears from Sungenis excellent reply, that Anton is having a faith crisis,
Roguejim
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:35 pm

duckbill wrote: Sungenis suffers from John Henry Newmanitis, that new revelations keeps coming and coming.
Catholic forums are a wonderful place where such pretentious absurdities can be tossed about without a lick of proof.

Please, Duckbill, do show us how “Sungenis suffers from John Henry Newmanitis, that new revelations keeps coming and coming.”

We’ll be waiting.
MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  tornpage Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Reading over some of the old posts. Here's some of Mr. Sungenis's response to the comments of fellow Catholic, Emil Anton, regarding Sungenis's debate with James White. I think very highly of Mr. Sungenis . . . or did. Does this bother any of you, too?

R. Sungenis: After reading Mr. Anton’s remarks my inkling is that he is not so much
struggling with my answers to Dr. White; rather, it seems to me from his own comments that he is struggling with his own Catholic faith and is using me as the strawman for his own personal doubts. I think this will become obvious as his remarks are progressively revealed. [This appears at the top of Sungenis's comments] . . .

I believe there is an agenda in Mr. Anton’s approach. You wouldn’t know it from Mr. Anton’s demeanor in his remarks about the White/Sungenis debate, but he and I know each other quite well and are good friends. Last summer he spent some time at my home. And it was at that time that I found out that Mr. Anton, all of 24 years old, was having some misgivings about the Catholic Church and its interpretation of Scripture, and he implied that he had a better way of interpreting the Bible. I’ll leave it at that, since I don’t know what Mr. Anton’s disposition is at the present time.

tornpage
tornpage

Back to top Go down

Post  tornpage Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Come to think of it, I think Sungenis was whiny in his debate with John Lane on sedevacantism. Seems he takes things too personally and inappropriately makes them personal.
tornpage
tornpage

Back to top Go down

Post  tornpage Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Really nice of him to "leave it at that" regarding young Mr. Anton.
tornpage
tornpage

Back to top Go down

Post  Lourdes Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:27 pm

tornpage wrote:Come to think of it, I think Sungenis was whiny in his debate with John Lane on sedevacantism.

He was, wasn't he? Not to say that John Lane wasn't a bit condescending, but Sungenis' reaction wasn't impressive.

Lourdes

Back to top Go down

Post  tornpage Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Lourdes,

He was a bit of a baby. Laughing

As to Lane, I didn't think Lane was condescending, though.
tornpage
tornpage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down