Latest topics
» Angelqueen.org???
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:55 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Catholic theocracy- Vatican Council II ( Feeneyite) and extra ecclesiam nulla salus (Feeneyite) essential
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:57 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» The Social Reign of Christ the King can be seen based on Cushingite or Feeneyite theology, Vatican Council II with the false premise or without it
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» When Card. Ladaria and Bp Fellay meet a non Catholic they know he or she is oriented to Hell because the Church lic Church inspired by the Holy Spirit teaches this
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:49 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» No denial from Cardinal Ladaria and Bishop Fellay : two interpretations of Vatican Council II and theirs is the irrational one
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:44 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Ask Cardinal Ladaria a few questions when you meet him
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:42 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Now it is the time for cardinals Kasper and Marx to reject Vatican Council II
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:37 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» No denial from Cardinal Ladaria, CDF : schism from the Left over Vatican Council II
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:35 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Schism over Vatican Council II ?
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:30 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» SSPX recognises that Abp.Lefebvre's writings are obsolete : seminaries have to make the correction
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:25 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Polish traditionalists handicapped : Archbishop Lefebvre made a mistake
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:20 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Communities of Fr.Leonard Feeney in the USA when they interpret Vatican Council II with the irrational premise deny the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:18 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Bishop Robert J.McManus and Brother Thomas Augustine MICM,Superior,St.Benedict Center,Still River,MA, interpret Vatican Council II with the 'possibilites are exceptions' error
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:47 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» SSPX must be aware of the deception of Abp.Guido Pozzo and confront it
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:57 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Two popes must ask all Catholics to affirm Vatican Council II (premise-free) as they do
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:16 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Still River Ma., could lose canomical status because of Feeneyism
Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:54 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Fowl Spirituality

Go down

Fowl Spirituality

Post  Roguejim on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:03 pm

This video has such spiritual depth that I fear only someone of Pascendi's piety could possibly plumb its waters. Okay...maybe Mryan. The Church Father's are mute on the subject. Watch it several times and you will begin to see the many layers hidden within.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNvdWcEDpJ0&feature=related
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

Re: Fowl Spirituality

Post  MRyan on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:43 pm

I think that either the measured ingredients that went into your last batch of home-made brewski, or fermentation time, went amok (or possibly both).
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  columba on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:32 pm

[quote="Roguejim"]This video has such spiritual depth that I fear only someone of Pascendi's piety could possibly plumb its waters. Okay...maybe Mryan. The Church Father's are mute on the subject. Watch it several times and you will begin to see the many layers hidden within.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNvdWcEDpJ0&feature=related [/quote

Mever Mind Pascendi or MRyan. The message is obvious.
It's the accomodation of flagellation set up in a holey place.
Either that or Jehanne preparing some heretical chickens for the stake.
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  George Brenner on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:24 pm

RoqueJim,

Welcome back, ......................................................I think
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:23 pm

columba wrote:
Roguejim wrote:This video has such spiritual depth that I fear only someone of Pascendi's piety could possibly plumb its waters. Okay...maybe Mryan. The Church Father's are mute on the subject. Watch it several times and you will begin to see the many layers hidden within.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNvdWcEDpJ0&feature=related

Mever Mind Pascendi or MRyan. The message is obvious.
It's the accomodation of flagellation set up in a holey place.
Either that or Jehanne preparing some heretical chickens for the stake.

I found the video to be offensive. (It does appear that the chickens were dead.) Personally, I am opposed to the death penalty, in every and all circumstances. It is unquestionably racist and innocent individuals have been put to death; in my opinion, the practice has no place in a constitutional democracy.

Having said that, I understand why the Medievals put individuals to death and heretics, in particular. Prisons did not exist in the Middle Ages (dungeons were for nobility and/or the condemned awaiting execution), and Catholic princes fought, killed, and executed to preserve the spiritual unity of Christendom, a spiritual kingdom, to a far lesser extent than Abraham Lincoln did to preserve the unity of a political kingdom. (The largest judicial execution on North American soil was authorized by Abraham Lincoln.) As for the Inquisitions, the vast majority of Inquisitors "bent over backwards" to show mercy and leniency to accused heretics, so much so that accused criminals during the Spanish Inquisition would feign heresy with the hope that their cases would be transferred from a secular court to an ecclesiastical one. I would, if I was alive at that time, take no satisfaction in seeing someone going to the stake; however, I would take even less satisfaction in seeing that person going to Hell. Of course, virtually all Catholics no longer believe in Hell, which is why they find the Inquisitions to be so puzzling.
Jehanne

http://unamsanctamecclesiamcatholicam.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  George Brenner on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Of Math and Ignorance or are you smarter than a fifth grader

So the teacher was instructing the fifth grade class on a more difficult math problem and wanted to start with some basics. The teacher asked an easy basic question of what does 2 + 2 equal. Several children raised their hands. The first child called on said 2 + 2 = 4, to which the teacher said that was correct. Another child, named Billy raised his hand and said that 2+2 does not always have to equal the number four, but only the value of Four. The teacher said to Billy that is not quite right which prompted Billy to give the teacher the stink eye. Billy said that 2 + 2 can equal an infinity of answers. The teacher said no, Billy said yes,the teacher said no and again Billy said yes. Back and forth they went, The teacher said no and Billy said yes. Finally Billy said can I come up to the chalk board.The teacher said sure, come on up.

Billy came up to the chalk board and wrote down that .............. 2 + 2 = 3 + 77/77's , to which the teacher replied that he felt kinda ignorant. Billy said actually I'm thinking that you are invincibly ignorant and I have always wanted to meet one. The teacher said to Billy do you have a nickname. Billy said, why yes,my friends call me Babel Billy and I live in a tower....whats your point?
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  columba on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Hehe... I know where I could get Babel Billy a well paid job in Rome.
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  pascendi on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:22 pm

My kids found support for this practice in a post V-2, Modernist rendition of the Ave Maria Stella:

"Break the captive's feathers..."

However, I find Jim's video weak and insipid, rather watered down and neoCatholic in comparison to this one below, which seems to express the fullness of truth and practice. Remember, rednecks are the prime target of salvation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg4nAKYoD3Y&feature=related

I find the process, whether it be of the highbrow rednecks or of the low-down technicians who have their fowl all in a row, to be deeply rooted in a proper Roman asceticism, per Job 39:13:

"The wings of the ostrich wave proudly, but are they the pinions and plumage of love?"

pascendi

Back to top Go down

Post  George Brenner on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 pm

St. Michael the Archangel pray for me

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

For me Babel Billy is satan himself. As he and all of the evil spirits prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. We must pray often for them to be cast into Hell. They have done and will continue to do everything and anything possible to attack Our One , Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Faith and the Mass in particular. The devil tempted Jesus and attacks all that is good every second from within and outside of the Catholic Church that Jesus founded. He will divide,connive and try to drive apart even those who deeply love the Catholic Church and are seeking truth as is the case on this forum. Truth is Truth. We need to belief all that the Church teaches as true to be believed by the faithful on matters of Doctrine. This for me is true whether I can grasp it or not. Beware of private interpretation as that has been the ruin of many due to false pride.{ more on that on my post of" The Warehouse Priest", which I found to be an inspirational book}

" Again the evil spirit tried to lead Jesus into doing wrong, as he leads us all. He led him to the top of a high mountain, and caused a vision of all the kingdoms of the world and their glory to stand before the eyes of Jesus. Then he said, "All these shall be yours; you shall be the king of all the earth if you will only fall down and worship me." Then Jesus said to him, "Leave me, Satan, thou evil spirit' For it is written, 'Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.' "

When Satan found that Jesus would not listen to him, he left him; and then the angels of God came to Jesus in the desert and gave to him the food that he needed. "

George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  pascendi on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:06 pm

You've completely lost me, George. I don't get it.

pascendi

Back to top Go down

Post  George Brenner on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:27 am

Re: Babel
As taken from:

Christ Founded the Catholic Church

General Audience — July 10, 1991

"Clearly, the unity of the Church which we profess in the creed is proper to the universal Church, and the particular (or local) churches are such insofar as they share in this unity. Unity was recognized and preached as a property of the Church from the beginning, that is, from the time of Pentecost. It is a primordial and co-essential reality for the Church, and not merely an ideal which we hope to reach at some unknown point in the future. This hope and search can be valid regarding the historical realization of reuniting believers in Christ, but one cannot nullify the truth enunciated in the Letter to the Ephesians: "...one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the one hope of your call (Eph 4:3-4). This is the truth of the Church's beginnings, which we profess in the creed: "I believe in one...Church."
From the beginning, however, the Church's history has unfolded in the midst of tensions and pressures which compromised unity, even to the point of eliciting appeals and reproofs from the apostles, especially Paul. He exclaimed: "Is Christ divided?" (1 Cor 1:13). It was and is the sign of the human inclination to oppose one another. It is as if one had to--or wanted to--do one's own part in scattering people, as was effectively depicted in the biblical account of Babel.

But the Fathers and pastors of the Church always appealed to unity, to the light of Pentecost which was contrasted with Babel. Vatican II observes: "It is the Holy Spirit, dwelling in those who believe and pervading and ruling over the Church as a whole, who brings about that wonderful communion of the faithful. He brings them into intimate union with Christ, so that he is the principle of the Church's unity" (Unitatis Redintegratio 2). It must be a source of joy, hope and prayer for the Church to recognize, especially today, that the honest efforts which aim at overcoming all divisions and reuniting Christians come from the Holy Spirit.
The profession of faith contained in the creed also says that the Church is holy. It must be clarified immediately that the Church is such in virtue of her origin and divine institution. The Christ who instituted her is holy and merited for her by the sacrifice of the cross the gift of the Holy Spirit, who is the inexhaustible source of the Church's holiness, as he is the principle and foundation of her unity. The Church is holy because of her purpose, which is the glory of God and the salvation of men; she is holy because of the means used to obtain this purpose, which contain in themselves the holiness of Christ and the Holy Spirit. These means are the teaching of Christ, summed up in the revelation of God's love for us and in the dual commandment of love; the seven sacraments and the entire liturgy, especially the Eucharist; the life of prayer. It is all a divine plan of life, in which the Holy Spirit works through the grace infused and nourished in believers and enriched with manifold charisms for the good of the entire Church."
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:34 pm

2+2 does not always have to equal the number four, but only the value of Four.
No, Billy, you “babeling” little smart-alack know-it-all; 2 + 2 always equals the number and the value of Four. For the value of Four is always equal to the number Four.

The teacher isn’t the brightest bulb in the room, but what can one expect from public education?

As for me, I thought Pasc’s redneck chicken plucker downright mystical and in the best traditions of the Church.

Roguejim’s profane butchery, on the other hand, reflects a less than a breadbasket full spirituality; kind of like sede ecclesiology, rad-trad asceticism and soulless Calvinistic efficiency all rolled into one. While Jehanne might find it offensive, it is in the best traditions of a “burn ‘em at the stake for their own good” theology.

“Break the captive's feathers..." Ha!
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Mike,

You claim to follow the theology of Saint Thomas, while ignoring what he taught and what the Church, for many centuries at least, embraced:

“With regard to heretics two points must be observed: one, on their own side; the other, on the side of the Church. On their own side there is the sin, whereby they deserve not only to be separated from the Church by excommunication, but also to be severed from the world by death. For it is a much graver matter to corrupt the faith which quickens the soul, than to forge money, which supports temporal life. Wherefore if forgers of money and other evil-doers are forthwith condemned to death by the secular authority, much more reason is there for heretics, as soon as they are convicted of heresy, to be not only excommunicated but even put to death.

On the part of the Church, however, there is mercy which looks to the conversion of the wanderer, wherefore she condemns not at once, but 'after the first and second admonition,' as the Apostle directs: after that, if he is yet stubborn, the Church no longer hoping for his conversion, looks to the salvation of others, by excommunicating him and separating him from the Church, and furthermore delivers him to the secular tribunal to be exterminated thereby from the world by death. For Jerome commenting on Gal. 5:9, 'A little leaven,' says: 'Cut off the decayed flesh, expel the mangy sheep from the fold, lest the whole house, the whole paste, the whole body, the whole flock, burn, perish, rot, die. Arius was but one spark in Alexandria, but as that spark was not at once put out, the whole earth was laid waste by its flame.'” (Summa Theologica, IIa IIae, q.11, a.3)

Please do not try to claim that Saint Thomas was expressing some mere "private opinion," because this teaching, as with Thomas' teachings on the "invincibly ignorant native," were universally taught, and per the Council of Florence, are infallible.
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Jehanne wrote:Mike,

You claim to follow the theology of Saint Thomas, while ignoring what he taught and what the Church, for many centuries at least, embraced:

“With regard to heretics two points must be observed: one, on their own side; the other, on the side of the Church. On their own side there is the sin, whereby they deserve not only to be separated from the Church by excommunication, but also to be severed from the world by death.
That is not "theology", silly, the death sentence is a discipline (that is not opposed to doctrine), but it might, as the Church now teaches, come to be opposed to justice and can no longer be morally justified, which once again is a prudential matter for the Church to decide.

Btw, the theology of St. Thomas Aquinas quite specifically teaches that laws and disciplines can become stale, no longer useful and even "detrimental" to good order, and should be revised or abrogated at the discretion of the Church.

But I agree that Roguejim's chicken chowder is theologically bankrupt.

MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:39 pm

You're ignoring Thomas' "They deserve..." That is not "discipline". To quote Pope Leo X:

Condemned error: That heretics be burned is against the will of the Spirit. (Exsurge Domine, 33)

And, Saint Thomas some more:

“According to Decret. (xxiv, qu. iii, can. Notandum), 'to be excommunicated is not to be uprooted.' A man is excommunicated, as the Apostle says (1 Cor. 5:5) that his 'spirit may be saved in the day of Our Lord.' Yet if heretics be altogether uprooted by death, this is not contrary to Our Lord’s command, which is to be understood as referring to the case when the cockle cannot be plucked up without plucking up the wheat, as we explained above (q. 10, a. 8, ad 1), when treating of unbelievers in general.” (Summa Theologica, IIa IIae, q.11, a.3, ad 3)

In God’s tribunal, those who return are always received, because God is a searcher of hearts, and knows those who return in sincerity. But the Church cannot imitate God in this, for she presumes that those who relapse after being once received, are not sincere in their return; hence she does not debar them from the way of salvation, but neither does she protect them from the sentence of death.” (Summa Theologica, IIa IIae, q.11, a.4, ad 1)

Or, to quote Sacred Scripture:

"To deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 5:5)

I cite the above references to prove that the death penalty, even when applied to obstinate heretics, is neither intrinsically evil nor intrinsically unjust.
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Jehanne wrote:You're ignoring Thomas' "They deserve..." That is not "discipline". To quote Pope Leo X:

Condemned error: That heretics be burned is against the will of the Spirit. (Exsurge Domine, 33)
This is pretty fowl. Is this even the right sub-forum for this? So much for having a little fun.

No, I am not ignoring St. Thomas, for what they might "deserve" in one age has nothing to do with what they might deserve in another; for what they actually get is a matter of subjective prudence. That heresy kills the soul does not mean that heretics always deserve death, though if they are put to death by the authority of the Church, it is not "against the will of the Spirit."

And, when the pope declares that they should not be put to death, neither can this be "against the will of the Spirit."

It's a discipline, and disciplines change.

Nothing St. Thomas Aquinas or Scripture says refutes this.

Jehanne wrote:
I cite the above references to prove that the death penalty, even when applied to obstinate heretics, is neither intrinsically evil nor intrinsically unjust.
So who said it was?
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:09 pm

MRyan wrote:
Jehanne wrote:You're ignoring Thomas' "They deserve..." That is not "discipline". To quote Pope Leo X:

This is pretty fowl. Is this even the right sub-forum for this? So much for having a little fun.

No, I am not ignoring St. Thomas, for what they might "deserve" in one age has nothing to do with what they might deserve in another; for what they actually get is a matter of subjective prudence. That heresy kills the soul does not mean that heretics always deserve death, though if they are put to death by the authority of the Church, it is not "against the will of the Spirit."

Saying that obstinate, unrepentant heretics deserve death and saying that they should be put to death are, of course, two different things; however, if obstinate heresy is a sin that could send someone to Hell forever, then one could hardly argue that the temporal punishment of execution is somehow "undeserving."
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:47 pm

I agree.
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:32 pm

MRyan wrote:I agree.

It is truly a moment to savor...Jehanne and Mryan agree on something!!!! Now I wait to see what will Jehanne respond with....

God bless you all!
Allie

Back to top Go down

Post  George Brenner on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Allie,

I think we can say this is a truly ecumenical moment
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  simple Faith on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:41 am

A video dedicated to Mryan and Jehanne in the true 'spirit' of Vatican II
(Fatima for our Times, please feel free to sing along).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsKO_r76kfQ
simple Faith

Back to top Go down

Post  columba on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:12 pm

simple Faith wrote:A video dedicated to Mryan and Jehanne in the true 'spirit' of Vatican II
(Fatima for our Times, please feel free to sing along).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsKO_r76kfQ

Hey SF, that was really... I don't know what to say... I was doin' some painting and watched it with a brush in one hand and a can o' paint in the other..... I really got into it without even realizing what I was doing, swingin' my arms and yes, I sang along too.... I'm.. I don't know... I'm just... overcome with emulsion.

Talking of DIY, Mike, how's you gettin on with that shed? My next project's a home-made chicken plucker. But no one as yet posted a video on how to catch the darn things.
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  George Brenner on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Back to Babel Billy......

I only posted a math story because I know how much, Jehanne enjoys the logic and /or mystery of math.

In my story, the 77/77's represents the Crisis in the Church. Something that is so beautiful, so Holy and so protected by the Holy Spirit has been attacked and has been in very turbulent seas the last sixty years. The 77 contains the Deposit of Faith which remains true and for all time, free from error. Some have sadly forgot this fact. The 77 also contains the abuses, the wrong opinions , the liberties, confusion, scandals at times taken with the liturgy, the unchallenged errors in teaching the Faith, the heroic examples of retaining the Faith, the hurt, the wounded, the spiritually dead, the twists and turns and spiritual hoops one must attempt to sort through and understand, in pursuit of living Our Catholic Faith as devoted Catholics. There is true sadness that there are so many that have such diverse opinions on how to teach and instruct with clarity. In other words, the 77 contains the Holy and Pure and truthful, along with the good, the bad, the ugly and the evil.

In my opinion, the current status quo of The Crisis can not continue for much longer. I see signs everywhere in Church lawns that read , "Catholics come home". We must all pray that what they come home to is indeed a true home. My parish is very much teaching the basics and foundations of our Faith. For anyone to lump together all of post Vatican II, Popes, Church Hierarchy, Church militant and sinners as an apostasy and doomed is a direct attack on the guarantee and protection of the Holy Spirit. We probably are at a crucial tipping point in Church history but that does not justify anyone to abandon the Ark of Salvation.

Anger can be justified but it can also be a tool of the devil to cause despair and affect decision making. The 77 also represents the great difficulty and harm the Church would suffer as foretold by Blessed Mother. We are in a great storm and perhaps we will know in short order just how terrible the results may or might not be. We will know if and when we all know. There are very few who love the Church so much as to be called upon to stand with, defend and explain Our Catholic Faith at a time when something so beautiful has become so complicated and convoluted. Such is the mission of MRyan, who is a defender of the Faith, while many others in their anger would burn the wheat with the chaff in pursuit of Salvation.

Pray for Our Holy Father

George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:14 pm

columba wrote:
Talking of DIY, Mike, how's you gettin on with that shed? My next project's a home-made chicken plucker. But no one as yet posted a video on how to catch the darn things.
The shed's in limbo status, or a constant work-in-progress.

You'll never catch 'em, so forget the home-made chicken plucker and go with the home-made potato peeler. They're easier to catch.

MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:29 pm

In other words, the 77 contains the Holy and Pure and truthful, along with the good, the bad, the ugly and the evil.
George, I saw the movie. Classic Clint Eastwood.

Come on, the topic is "Babel Billy" (not "Chicken George", and having no relation to Pres. Jimmy Carter's brother; or was that "Beer Billy"?) so you're going to have to lighten up.

Now, if you can somehow, through "Novus Ordo speak", make 2+2 = 3 + 77/77 = {∅}, you might get Jehanne's attention.

Besides, a need a reason to disagree with him, I hate faux (fowl) ecumenism.

MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  DeSelby on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:26 pm

I think in "Novos Ordo Speak" one would say that 2+2=3 since 3 is "tending towards 4, is on pilgrimage, in a certain sense, to fourness, and is related to 4 by the closest of internal bonds; for instance, they are both numbers; and the value of 4, in a particular way, contains within itself the value of 3. Little is lacking to bring threeness into full communion with fourness. With regard to the number 5 ...."

And so fourth.

To those who would say it's impossible to catch a chicken, or that no videos have been posted on the subject, stick this in your deep fryer and smoke it:

But, as the vernacular hymn, "On Chickens' Wings" says, "The snare of the fowler will never capture you..."
DeSelby

Back to top Go down

Post  George Brenner on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:42 pm

DeSelby,

I defer to you. You can be our resident mathematician. I really enjoy the wisdom where you end by saying that 2 + 2 =
And so fourth.

Priceless gem
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:14 pm

MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Columba,

This spud's for you:

MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  columba on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:51 pm

DeSelby wrote:I think in "Novos Ordo Speak" one would say that 2+2=3 since 3 is "tending towards 4, is on pilgrimage, in a certain sense, to fourness, and is related to 4 by the closest of internal bonds; for instance, they are both numbers; and the value of 4, in a particular way, contains within itself the value of 3. Little is lacking to bring threeness into full communion with fourness. With regard to the number 5 ...."

And so fourth.

To those who would say it's impossible to catch a chicken, or that no videos have been posted on the subject, stick this in your deep fryer and smoke it:

But, as the vernacular hymn, "On Chickens' Wings" says, "The snare of the fowler will never capture you..."

Now that's what I call funny. Laughing

DeSelby, Why are you not writing the next catechism? Get to it man. Very Happy
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  columba on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Mike that spud peeler should be in every kitchen.
It wouldn't take much ingenuity to set up 2 or 3 hamster wheels and get the thing going on rodent power alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1RVubqWDuY
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  pascendi on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:40 am

Mike is building a shed? Now that's cool. This is the true ecumenism. I have plans for one this summer as well... not a shed, but a combination playhouse for the kids, a kicken' it laptop and discussion room, and brew house. Out here in SoCa you can get by with 120 sq. ft. roof area or less with no permit if it has no electricity (can you say outdoor extension cord?). I was going to try to make it look wild west saloon style, but we'll see. If I get around to it, I'll post up pictures. Everything around here takes me nine months longer than I say it will. It's like having kids or something.

pascendi

Back to top Go down

Post  columba on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:42 pm

Pascendi, just to make you aware of the level of competition, I threw this one together the other day. Can you beat it?

I can't believe you could think I'm lying. Smile
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Jehanne wrote:

Jehanne, this is cracking me up.

Allie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:08 am

LOL this one of the CRAZIEST threads every LOL Laughing lol! Chicken plucker, Thomist theological challenges, math problems and suicidal cats!! I think we have captured the Spirit of Vatican II here LOL

As for math I learned mine here:

Back to top Go down

Post  simple Faith on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Nice one Duckbill, reminds me of a typical discussion between Mryan and Columba.
simple Faith

Back to top Go down

Post  George Brenner on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:48 pm

George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum