Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Marie-Julie Jehenny EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Marie-Julie Jehenny

3 posters

Go down

Marie-Julie Jehenny Empty Marie-Julie Jehenny

Post  columba Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Anyone familiar with the life and prophecies of this 17th-18th century mystic?
Here's a sample of some of her prophecies and a link to the site.

http://www.communityofhopeinc.org/Prayer%20Pages/Saints/marie%20julie.html

The truth of the Heavenly warnings of which she was to be the humble messenger was vindicated by her characteristic simplicity and honesty, her exemplary obedience to her spiritual directors and her Bishop, and of course, by the fulfillment of all she prophesied during her long life. With unfailing accuracy she foretold the two World Wars, the election of Pope Saint Pius X, the various persecutions of the Church, the chastisements and the fate of apostate France. Much remains to unfold. Her warnings for the Last Times should be read by all "who have ears."

She had a vision of a dialogue between Our Lord and Lucifer and the latter said :
"I will attack the Church. I will overthrow the Cross, I will decimate the people, I will deposit a great weakness of Faith in hearts. There will also be A GREAT DENIAL OF RELIGION. For a time I will be MASTER of all things, everything will be under MY CONTROL, even Your temple and all Your people."
"Saint Michael says that Satan will have possession of everything for some time and that he will reign completely over everything ; that all goodness, Faith, Religion will be buried in the tomb. . . Satan and his own will triumph with joy, but after this triumph, the Lord will in His turn gather His own people and will REIGN and TRIUMPH OVER EVIL and WILL RAISE UP from the tomb the buried Church, the prostrated Cross. . . "
Marie-Julie saw that "there will not remain any vestige of the Holy Sacrifice, no apparent trace of faith. CONFUSION will be everywhere..."

I give you a WARNING. The disciples who are not of My Gospel are now working hard to remake according to their ideas and under the influence of the enemy of souls a MASS that contains words that are ODIOUS in My sight.»
«When the fatal hour arrives when the faith of my priests is put to the test, it will be (these texts) that will be celebrated in this SECOND period... The FIRST period is (the one) of my priesthood which exists since Me. The SECOND is (the one) of the persecution when the ENEMIES of the Faith and of Holy Religion (will impose their formulas) in the book of the second celebration.. These infamous spirits are those who crucified me and are awaiting the kingdom of THE NEW MESSIAH.

columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Marie-Julie Jehenny Empty Re: Marie-Julie Jehenny

Post  tornpage Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Columba,

Never heard of her, but that’s interesting.

Of course, St. Alphonsus said this:

"The devil has always managed to get rid of the Mass by means of the heretics making them the precursors of the Antichrist who, above all else, will manage to abolish, and in fact will succeed in abolishing as a punishment for the sins of men, the Holy Sacrifice of the Altar, precisely as Daniel predicted.”

The Antichrist Father V. Miceli, page 276.
tornpage
tornpage

Back to top Go down

Post  tornpage Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:16 pm

tornpage
tornpage

Back to top Go down

Post  tornpage Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Another one from St. Alphonsus:

THE HOLY EUCHARIST.

THE SACRIFICE, THE SACRAMENT, AND

THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS CHRIST.

PRACTICE OF LOVE OF JESUS

CHRIST. NOVENA TO THE

HOLY GHOST.

BY

ST. ALPHONSUS DE LIGUORI,

Doctor of the Church.

EDITED BY

REV. EUGENE GRIMM,

Priest of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer.

And this offering which our Lord then made of himself did not limit itself to that moment, but it only then began; it always has continued since, and it will continue forever. It is true it will cease on earth at the time of Antichrist: the Sacrifice of the Mass is to be suspended for twelve hundred and ninety days; that is, for three years six months and a half, according to the prophecy of Daniel: And from the time when the continual sacrifice shall Jbe taken away, and the abomination unto desolation shall be set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred ninety days? Yet the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ will never cease, since the Son of God will always continue to offer himself to his Father by an eternal sacrifice, for he himself is the priest and the victim, but an eternal victim and an eternal priest, not according to the order of Aaron, of which the priesthood and the sacrifice were temporary, imperfect, and inadequate to appease the anger of God against rebellious man, but according to the order of Melchisedech, as David predicted . . .

http://www.archive.org/stream/alphonsusworks06alfouoft/alphonsusworks06alfouoft_djvu.txt
tornpage
tornpage

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Very interesting stuff Tornpage.

Gerry Matatics, I believe, turned sede so what he says here may be (by some) brushed aside as irrelevant.

I wonder a lot about the prophecy in Daniel, repeated in various ways by saints and mystics, and how this could come about.
For the sake of argument, if the NO Mass was/is invalid, the Holy Sacrifice still continues in traditionalist circles by means of the TLM. However, the recent changes in the NO that could be said to be towards tradition, far from being a good thing could actually be the means by which the prophecy of Daniel is fulfilled.

If it should come to pass that the NO moves even closer to the traditional Mass, it may end up absorbing the TLM whereby both the NO and the TLM be abrogated and replaced by a hybrid. It could be argued that the traditionalist orders would never abandon the Mass of all time?" But what if the traditionalist orders could be divided and conquered (seems to be happening already) and become so fragmented as to loose both credibility among the faithful and any new recruits to their seminaries. My point being; although my speculation is merely that -speculation,- and depends on a mass that isn't a true mass, the prophecies in Scripture are not mere speculation.

If what I say sounds far fetched, consider this. St Vincent Ferrer (1359-1419) was asked by Pope Benedict XIV (later to change his name to Benedict XIII as the previous Benedict XIII was considered an antipope) to write and explain to him about matters concerning the end times.
St Vincent duly obeyed and that letter can be found here.

http://www.svfsermons.org/Letter%20to%20Benedict%20XIII.htm

The parts worth noting I'll list below.
1. St. Vincent Ferrer professed himself to be the angel of the apocalypse (Revelation 14:6-7) flying through the heavens, holding the everlasting Gospel to proclaim to the inhabitants of the earth.” heralding the end times.
2. Through divine revelation he was assured that the antichrist was already in the world.
3. Because of his preaching which resulted in the conversion of the whole of Europe, by the intercession of the Blessed Virgin God had granted the world a reprieve from the reign of antichrist for 600 years. The letter to Pope Benedict XIII was written in July of 1412, six hundred years exactly to the present year.
I have some more to add but will do so in a further post. Time scarce right now.
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  tornpage Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Columba,

I had never heard that one from St. Vincent Ferrer either.

I think this is an issue that each of us has to work out for one's self.

What sticks in my head is this fact - and yes, it has been changed - regarding the vernacular translations of the NO (I am quoting from one of ours, Mac - the thread is here, and linked:

There are no words of consecration in any rite [except the old vernacular translations of the NO] that use the word “all” without a phrase restricting its extension, and there are none where the sacramental reality is not signified.

https://catholicforum.forumotion.com/t843-pro-multis

The reality of that fact is so huge that I can't imagine that it is without some - and perhaps incredibly large - significance.

I'll leave it at that.

tornpage
tornpage

Back to top Go down

Post  tornpage Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:59 am

Columba writes:

My point being; although my speculation is merely that -speculation,- and depends on a mass that isn't a true mass, the prophecies in Scripture are not mere speculation.

In the "Pro Multis" thread I cited in my last post, MRyan posted an extended quote from, I believe, Patrick Omlor, who is in turn responding to an argument by Mike Davies in support of the validity of the NO on the grounds of the Church's indefectibilty:

90. Mr. Davies reasons that the doctrine of the indefectibility of the Church is totally incompatible with the promulgation by a Sovereign Pontiff of a Mass that is per se invalid. This reasoning is absolutely sound. For if the true Church of Jesus Christ were to foist upon the faithful of the Roman Rite a Mass that is invalid, She would thus deprive them of the primary source of grace for their sanctification. In such a case we would be bound to admit that the Church had indeed failed in its mission on earth; it would be defectible, which is impossible.

103. Indefectibility allows that terrestrial enemies of Christ and his Church, engulfed in the "smoke of Satan," to use the very words of Paul VI, would some day bring about the fulfillment of that which is foretold in the Holy Scriptures: "And they shall defile the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the continual sacrifice, and they shall place there the abomination unto desolation" (Dan. 11:31); and also: "And from the time when the continual sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination unto desolation shall be set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred ninety days" (Dan. 12:11).

I'm not sure what Omlor's position was on whether there were any valid Masses being said anywhere on earth when he wrote that. If he held that there were - such as SSPX Masses, or TLM's being offered by "independent" priests - he'd be somewhat inconsistent with his allusion to Daniel with its proposition that "the continual sacrifice shall be taken away" - if he were to be saying (as he appears to) that that prophecy was being fulfilled as he wrote.

Columba recognizes that and notes, "For the sake of argument, if the NO Mass was/is invalid, the Holy Sacrifice still continues in traditionalist circles by means of the TLM," and then presents his thoughts on how the prophecy of Daniel might be fulfilled.

For my part, I merely want to point out something. I have argued, as Davies, against certain SSPX types (of the Father Scott view that the NO is "inherently" or "intrinsically" "evil," or words to that effect) and the sedes that the NO is valid using this indefectibility argument, and that the Church "would have failed" and "the promises of Christ would be undone" if the Church were to fail to offer the holy sacrifice on her altars.

Yet, if St. Alphonsus is right in saying that our Lord's offering will "cease on earth at the time of Antichrist," then that reality is compatible with the gates of Hell not prevailing against the Church, and the promises of Christ not being undone.

And the use of this prophecy of Daniel by Omlor or any sede against the NO while maintaining that they in fact have the true sacrifice and sacrament at their altar with their sede priest is quite ridiculous, since the holy sacrifice would not have "ceas[ed] on earth," as Columba notes.

tornpage
tornpage

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:49 pm

From the Roman Catechism:

Signs Of The General Judgment

The Sacred Scriptures inform us that the general judgment will be preceded by these three principal signs: the preaching of the Gospel throughout the world, a falling away from the faith, and the coming of Antichrist. This gospel of the kingdom, says our Lord, shall be preached in the whole world, for a testimony to all nations, and then shall the consummation come. The Apostle also admonishes us that we be not seduced by anyone, as if the day of the Lord were at hand; for unless there come a revolt first, and the man of sin be revealed, the judgement will not come.

The Sentence Of The Just

The form and procedure of this judgment the pastor will easily learn from the prophecies of Daniel, the writings of the Evangelists and the doctrine of the Apostle. The sentence to be pronounced by the judge is here deserving of more than ordinary attention.

Looking with joyful countenance on the just standing on His right, Christ our Redeemer will pronounce sentence on them with the greatest benignity, in these words: Come ye blessed of my Father, possess the kingdom prepared for you from the beginning of the world. That nothing can be conceived more delightful to the ear than these words, we shall understand if we only compare them with the condemnation of the wicked; and call to mind, that by them the just are invited from labor to rest, from the vale of tears to supreme joy, from misery to eternal happiness, the reward of their works of charity.

http://www.cin.org/users/james/ebooks/master/trent/tcreed07.htm
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Apolgies for my sporadic posting. Can't seem to get time lately.

Regarding The Mass being taken away, there are of course other possibilities as to how this may happen without the necessity of the promulgation of an invalid mass: Martyrdom of all priests (without a priest we can't have a Mass), invalid consecration of priests or, crazy happenings such as a global failure of vineyards to yield fruit or ditto the failure of wheat crops, not to mention the contamination of the same through genetic tampering as currently foisted upon us by the likes of Monsanto backed by the World Health Organisation and its sinister Codex Alimentarius document already being implimented in the UK and across Europe.

I don't lie awake at night worrying about this but I'm of the opinion that if the saints and doctors of the Church can take the prophecy of Daniel literally, then it must not be contrary to the promised indefectibility of the Church.
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down