Latest topics
» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:02 pm by tornpage

» Brother Andre Marie MICM, the Prior at the St. Benedict Center does not correct Frs.Brian Harrison and Cekada,Bishops Sanborn,Pirvanus,Kelly and Fellay
Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 pm by MRyan

» Revisiting Diocese/Parish Screening Policy
Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:03 pm by MRyan

» When sedes and trads can accept that Pius XII made a mistake then popes since John XXIII are no more in heresy
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:08 pm by MRyan

» Doctrinal talks were conducted with Fr.Gleize on 'the other side'
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:08 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Pope Benedict permitted Fr. Jean Marie Gleize to lead in doctrinal talks since he was a liberal ?
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:59 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Padre Pio told Fr.Gabriel Amorth," It is Satan who has been introduced into the bosom of the Church and within a very short time will come to rule a false Church" -Bishop Richard Williamson
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:14 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Mons. Brunero Gherardini misled the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and many traditionalists
Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:18 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Official statement from SSPX awaited : Fr.Gleize and other theologians have got it wrong
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:10 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Brother Andre Marie MICM too is teaching error : Bishop Sanborn cannot report at the Chancery office
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:50 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Magsiterial Heresy ?
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:36 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Magisterium should apologise to the SSPX for the excommunication of Archbishop Lefebvre
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:34 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Brother Francis MICM made a mistake on Vatican Council II
Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:14 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Legion of Christ universities in Rome adapt to leftist laws
Fri May 22, 2015 7:53 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» CM, SSPX, MICM deny the Faith to please superiors
Thu May 21, 2015 4:44 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» SSPX and Church Militant are using the same liberal theology and are unaware of it
Wed May 20, 2015 9:54 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Michael Voris uses liberal theology and yet critcizes Michael Coren
Tue May 19, 2015 10:10 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fr.John Zuhlsdorf condones Mass for suicide
Tue May 19, 2015 9:18 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Vatican Council II is traditional or liberal depending on how you interpret the Letter of the Holy Office
Mon May 18, 2015 5:57 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Church Militant unable to answer questions on extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Sun May 17, 2015 5:55 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Evolution vs Creationism

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Catholic_Truth on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:08 am

Catholic Tradition and Holy Scripture has always taught that Adam was created directly from the dust of the Earth.

If you believe in theistic evolution, then you would either have to claim there was no Adam and Eve, or you would have to claim that Adam's parents were apes.

So, which explanation seems "Catholic" and which seems "ridiculous"?
Catholic_Truth

http://www.PaltalkExpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Catholic_Truth wrote:Catholic Tradition and Holy Scripture has always taught that Adam was created directly from the dust of the Earth.

If you believe in theistic evolution, then you would either have to claim there was no Adam and Eve, or you would have to claim that Adam's parents were apes.

So, which explanation seems "Catholic" and which seems "ridiculous"?

I kind of go midway with the science. I think Intelligent Design is better than fundamental "creationism." The age of the earth by using the Bible is a protestant invention.

Back to top Go down

Post  Catholic_Truth on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:32 pm

duckbill wrote:I kind of go midway with the science. I think Intelligent Design is better than fundamental "creationism." The age of the earth by using the Bible is a protestant invention.

Intelligent Design proponent, Dr. Stephen Meyer, does a very good job in debating evolutionists. You can see several of his debates on Youtube.

Actually Intelligent Design theory does entertain the possibility of a six day period inwhich an "intelligent designer" could have "designed" everything. Intelligent Design theory entertains both the old Earth and young Earth proposals.

Believing in a literal six day creation event is not for protestants alone, but was the belief by the majoriy of Catholics throughout the Church's 2000 year history. I believe God created everything in six literal days and I believe the Earth is only a few thousand years old.
Catholic_Truth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Do you know of any good books/resources on this issue?

Vin Lewis has a nice little audio (I think it is only 3 bucks) which totally DESTROYS evolutionism.

Back to top Go down

Post  Roguejim on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:23 am

There might be something good here:
The Distraction of Evolution
http://catholicaudio.blogspot.com/2007/07/dr-william-marra.html
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

Post  Catholic_Truth on Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:33 am

RashaLampa wrote:Do you know of any good books/resources on this issue?

Dr. Stephen Meyer's book "The Signature in the Cell"
Catholic_Truth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Roguejim wrote:There might be something good here:
The Distraction of Evolution
http://catholicaudio.blogspot.com/2007/07/dr-william-marra.html

Hey nice site thanks Jim!

That was pretty interesting talk too. It does seem that the Protestants helped in the investigation of Evolution. I believe that Modernism in the Church, and the Nazi's, abortion, atheism, and communism derive all their strength from Darwinism.

Catholics have not contributed enough. Although Behe is catholic as I understand it.

On the other hand, Geocentrism, I think is similar but on the other extreme. I think it is a useless subject that just disqualifies Catholics that hold it, like "Flat Erathers."

Back to top Go down

Post  Roguejim on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Rasha has the site listed in the right column of the forum, too.
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:11 pm

Oh yeah duh Smile

I noticed those ads but they didn't sink in LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:15 pm

Catholic_Truth wrote:
RashaLampa wrote:Do you know of any good books/resources on this issue?

Dr. Stephen Meyer's book "The Signature in the Cell"

Have you ever seen this debate on evolution between William B. Provine and Phillip E. Johnson at Stanford University, April 30, 1994 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM-H6NxdCd4&feature=&p=2DF69BA9017DDC77&index=0&playnext=1

Back to top Go down

Post  Catholic_Truth on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Duckbill, I haven't seen that debate. I especially love listening to theological debates.
Catholic_Truth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:59 pm

Catholic_Truth wrote:Duckbill, I haven't seen that debate. I especially love listening to theological debates.

This isn't theological but it is a pretty good debate. Provine denies free will.

Johnson wrote one of the first big book sellers attacking Darwinism: "Darwin on Trial". He is a professor of law so he put Darwinism on trial to see if his evidence works. He wasn't interested in replacing the theory or offering any alternative just questioning the "facts" of evolution. Very good book for an overview of Darwinism.

Back to top Go down

Post  Catholic_Truth on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:30 pm

Catholic Tradition and Holy Scripture has always taught that Adam was created directly from the dust of the Earth.

If one believes in theistic evolution, then one would either have to claim there was no Adam and Eve, or would have to claim that Adam's parents were apes. Therefore you would have to believe a human being with a "soul" was born from a "Beast". This is a totally pagan, diabolical and demonic belief. Plus, if you claim the "soul" didn't enter at conception, but instead after that human being was born from that "Beast", then you contradict the teaching of the Church that life begins at conception and that this is when the soul is created along with the body. If you deny this, then you are making the case for pro-abortionists who claim the soul does NOT enter the person at the moment of conception.

So, which explanation seems "Catholic" and which seems "looney"? jocolor
Catholic_Truth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:27 am

Catholic_Truth wrote:Catholic Tradition and Holy Scripture has always taught that Adam was created directly from the dust of the Earth.

If one believes in theistic evolution, then one would either have to claim there was no Adam and Eve, or would have to claim that Adam's parents were apes. Therefore you would have to believe a human being with a "soul" was born from a "Beast". This is a totally pagan, diabolical and demonic belief. Plus, if you claim the "soul" didn't enter at conception, but instead after that human being was born from that "Beast", then you contradict the teaching of the Church that life begins at conception and that this is when the soul is created along with the body. If you deny this, then you are making the case for pro-abortionists who claim the soul does NOT enter the person at the moment of conception.

So, which explanation seems "Catholic" and which seems "looney"? jocolor

I think you should listen to Johnson's point that you are also making, which is well stated by him around 5 minutes into the first video.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum