Latest topics
» Polish traditionalists handicapped : Archbishop Lefebvre made a mistake
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:20 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Communities of Fr.Leonard Feeney in the USA when they interpret Vatican Council II with the irrational premise deny the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:18 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Bishop Robert J.McManus and Brother Thomas Augustine MICM,Superior,St.Benedict Center,Still River,MA, interpret Vatican Council II with the 'possibilites are exceptions' error
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:47 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» SSPX must be aware of the deception of Abp.Guido Pozzo and confront it
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:57 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Two popes must ask all Catholics to affirm Vatican Council II (premise-free) as they do
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:16 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Still River Ma., could lose canomical status because of Feeneyism
Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:54 am by Lionel L. Andrades

»  Traditionalists oppose Pope Francis on morals but give him a pass on salvation
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Someone needs to help Cardinal Luiz Ladaria, Archbishop Pozzo and Archbishop Di Noia see how they use a false premise to interpret Vatican Council II
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:53 pm by Lionel L. Andrades

» Robert Siscoe and John of St. Thomas Respond to Fr. Cekada
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:25 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Still no denial from Abp.Guido Pozzo : SSPX must accept Vatican Council II with a false doctrine and the new theology based on an irrational premise Image result for Photo of Archbishop Guido Pozzo
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:03 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Five Catholic academics accept the development of doctrine on salvation and Vatican Council II but reject it on morals and the death penalty
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:32 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Dr.Robert Fastiggi wants Bishop Donald Sanborn and Chris Ferrara to affirm a magisterium in heresy and schism like him
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:30 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» ]Christine Niles uses the false premise to interpret magisterial documents
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:30 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» SSPX has a right to canonical status when they correct their doctrinal error in the 'chart'
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:25 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» No one shows Massimo Faggioli his precise theological and philosophical mistake
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:07 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:02 pm by tornpage

» Brother Andre Marie MICM, the Prior at the St. Benedict Center does not correct Frs.Brian Harrison and Cekada,Bishops Sanborn,Pirvanus,Kelly and Fellay
Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 pm by MRyan

» Revisiting Diocese/Parish Screening Policy
Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:03 pm by MRyan

» When sedes and trads can accept that Pius XII made a mistake then popes since John XXIII are no more in heresy
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:08 pm by MRyan

» Doctrinal talks were conducted with Fr.Gleize on 'the other side'
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:08 am by Lionel L. Andrades


Evolution vs Creationism

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Catholic_Truth on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:08 am

Catholic Tradition and Holy Scripture has always taught that Adam was created directly from the dust of the Earth.

If you believe in theistic evolution, then you would either have to claim there was no Adam and Eve, or you would have to claim that Adam's parents were apes.

So, which explanation seems "Catholic" and which seems "ridiculous"?
avatar
Catholic_Truth

Posts : 116
Reputation : 149
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Louisiana

http://www.PaltalkExpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Catholic_Truth wrote:Catholic Tradition and Holy Scripture has always taught that Adam was created directly from the dust of the Earth.

If you believe in theistic evolution, then you would either have to claim there was no Adam and Eve, or you would have to claim that Adam's parents were apes.

So, which explanation seems "Catholic" and which seems "ridiculous"?

I kind of go midway with the science. I think Intelligent Design is better than fundamental "creationism." The age of the earth by using the Bible is a protestant invention.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Catholic_Truth on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:32 pm

duckbill wrote:I kind of go midway with the science. I think Intelligent Design is better than fundamental "creationism." The age of the earth by using the Bible is a protestant invention.

Intelligent Design proponent, Dr. Stephen Meyer, does a very good job in debating evolutionists. You can see several of his debates on Youtube.

Actually Intelligent Design theory does entertain the possibility of a six day period inwhich an "intelligent designer" could have "designed" everything. Intelligent Design theory entertains both the old Earth and young Earth proposals.

Believing in a literal six day creation event is not for protestants alone, but was the belief by the majoriy of Catholics throughout the Church's 2000 year history. I believe God created everything in six literal days and I believe the Earth is only a few thousand years old.
avatar
Catholic_Truth

Posts : 116
Reputation : 149
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Louisiana

http://www.PaltalkExpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Guest on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Do you know of any good books/resources on this issue?

Vin Lewis has a nice little audio (I think it is only 3 bucks) which totally DESTROYS evolutionism.



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Roguejim on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:23 am

There might be something good here:
The Distraction of Evolution
http://catholicaudio.blogspot.com/2007/07/dr-william-marra.html
avatar
Roguejim

Posts : 211
Reputation : 315
Join date : 2010-12-18
Location : southern Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Catholic_Truth on Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:33 am

RashaLampa wrote:Do you know of any good books/resources on this issue?

Dr. Stephen Meyer's book "The Signature in the Cell"
avatar
Catholic_Truth

Posts : 116
Reputation : 149
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Louisiana

http://www.PaltalkExpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Roguejim wrote:There might be something good here:
The Distraction of Evolution
http://catholicaudio.blogspot.com/2007/07/dr-william-marra.html

Hey nice site thanks Jim!

That was pretty interesting talk too. It does seem that the Protestants helped in the investigation of Evolution. I believe that Modernism in the Church, and the Nazi's, abortion, atheism, and communism derive all their strength from Darwinism.

Catholics have not contributed enough. Although Behe is catholic as I understand it.

On the other hand, Geocentrism, I think is similar but on the other extreme. I think it is a useless subject that just disqualifies Catholics that hold it, like "Flat Erathers."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Roguejim on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Rasha has the site listed in the right column of the forum, too.
avatar
Roguejim

Posts : 211
Reputation : 315
Join date : 2010-12-18
Location : southern Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:11 pm

Oh yeah duh Smile

I noticed those ads but they didn't sink in LOL

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:15 pm

Catholic_Truth wrote:
RashaLampa wrote:Do you know of any good books/resources on this issue?

Dr. Stephen Meyer's book "The Signature in the Cell"

Have you ever seen this debate on evolution between William B. Provine and Phillip E. Johnson at Stanford University, April 30, 1994 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM-H6NxdCd4&feature=&p=2DF69BA9017DDC77&index=0&playnext=1

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Catholic_Truth on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Duckbill, I haven't seen that debate. I especially love listening to theological debates.
avatar
Catholic_Truth

Posts : 116
Reputation : 149
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Louisiana

http://www.PaltalkExpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:59 pm

Catholic_Truth wrote:Duckbill, I haven't seen that debate. I especially love listening to theological debates.

This isn't theological but it is a pretty good debate. Provine denies free will.

Johnson wrote one of the first big book sellers attacking Darwinism: "Darwin on Trial". He is a professor of law so he put Darwinism on trial to see if his evidence works. He wasn't interested in replacing the theory or offering any alternative just questioning the "facts" of evolution. Very good book for an overview of Darwinism.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Catholic_Truth on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:30 pm

Catholic Tradition and Holy Scripture has always taught that Adam was created directly from the dust of the Earth.

If one believes in theistic evolution, then one would either have to claim there was no Adam and Eve, or would have to claim that Adam's parents were apes. Therefore you would have to believe a human being with a "soul" was born from a "Beast". This is a totally pagan, diabolical and demonic belief. Plus, if you claim the "soul" didn't enter at conception, but instead after that human being was born from that "Beast", then you contradict the teaching of the Church that life begins at conception and that this is when the soul is created along with the body. If you deny this, then you are making the case for pro-abortionists who claim the soul does NOT enter the person at the moment of conception.

So, which explanation seems "Catholic" and which seems "looney"? jocolor
avatar
Catholic_Truth

Posts : 116
Reputation : 149
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : Louisiana

http://www.PaltalkExpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:27 am

Catholic_Truth wrote:Catholic Tradition and Holy Scripture has always taught that Adam was created directly from the dust of the Earth.

If one believes in theistic evolution, then one would either have to claim there was no Adam and Eve, or would have to claim that Adam's parents were apes. Therefore you would have to believe a human being with a "soul" was born from a "Beast". This is a totally pagan, diabolical and demonic belief. Plus, if you claim the "soul" didn't enter at conception, but instead after that human being was born from that "Beast", then you contradict the teaching of the Church that life begins at conception and that this is when the soul is created along with the body. If you deny this, then you are making the case for pro-abortionists who claim the soul does NOT enter the person at the moment of conception.

So, which explanation seems "Catholic" and which seems "looney"? jocolor

I think you should listen to Johnson's point that you are also making, which is well stated by him around 5 minutes into the first video.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Evolution vs Creationism

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum