Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Is It a Sin? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Is It a Sin? EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Is It a Sin? EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Is It a Sin? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Is It a Sin? EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Is It a Sin? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Is It a Sin? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Is It a Sin? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Is It a Sin? EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Is It a Sin? EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Is It a Sin? EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Is It a Sin? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Is It a Sin? EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Is It a Sin? EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Is It a Sin? EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Is It a Sin? EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Is It a Sin? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Is It a Sin? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Is It a Sin? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Is It a Sin? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Is It a Sin?

5 posters

Go down

Is It a Sin? Empty Is It a Sin?

Post  Roguejim Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:00 am

Is it a sin to frequent this forum?

Is it in any possible way, meritorious?
Is it a near occasion of sin?
Is it time well spent?
Would you invite a new Catholic here?
Would you invite a child here?
Is Our Lord pleased with it?
Why are you here?

I asked Rasha awhile back to delete my account, but he didn't comply. If anyone can PM me with instructions as to how to do that myself, I'll burn a votive candle for you. Say what you want about Pascendi, but he would not have given the sedes a camp on his forum. Rasha's liberality is misplaced, and sinful. I'll wait three days for a PM, then no more of this. Whatever lotus there may be buried in this dunghill is too deep for me to find.

Roguejim
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

Is It a Sin? Empty Re: Is It a Sin?

Post  columba Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:34 am

Is it a sin to frequent this forum?

It depends on one's reasons for being here.

It depends what your looking for.

No more so than CA, FE, CI, Protestant forums or Face Book.

Is it time well spent?

Not if one is neglecting other more important duties.

Yes, if he/she was seeking views on theological conundrums.

No. A child would not understand these discussions

Is he pleased with the people here? That depends on each individuals motives.
If one is seeking the truth then Yes, the Lord is pleased.

Why are you here?

I'm here seeking the truth. I believe there to be a crisis in the Church and I hope to discern from discussion how deep it goes. I wish to test my own understanding of things in comparison to others understandings. I'm lookimg for credible answers to incredible conundrums. Why are/were you here Jim?

I have (seriously) asked those same questions while at NO Mass and my answers were not the same. I would not be here at all if I hadn't had those questions.

I asked Rasha awhile back to delete my account, but he didn't comply. If anyone can PM me with instructions as to how to do that myself, I'll burn a votive candle for you.

I don't think it's pssible to delete your own account but if you PM MarianLibrarian she may be able to do it.

Say what you want about Pascendi, but he would not have given the sedes a camp on his forum. Rasha's liberality is misplaced, and sinful.

That's not infallible Jim but merely your own opinion. I'n not saying your wrong or right but you've stated your opinion as fact. If you don't like sedeism being discussed with sede's then who does one discuss it with. Or maybe it's that you don't like it being discussed at all. Why not expose its errors if you think the position is wrong?

Whatever lotus there may be buried in this dunghill is too deep for me to find.

You frequent the Protestant Fora and I asked you once how you would convince a Protestant of the necessity of the Catholioc faith in light of the new ecumenism. It was a genuine question and though you accused me of being discourteous yesterday in attempting to answer one of your questions, you have never shown me the courtousy of attempting to answer any of mine. If your looking for the burried lotus and haven't found it then maybe this isn't a dunghill. There are bad attitudes and childish name calling here which thwarts productive ducussion and maybe stricter moderation could help, but I don't believe this is a fault confined to Rasha's forum.
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Is It a Sin? Empty Is It a Sin?

Post  George Brenner Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Roguejim,

You really want and do need to stay on this forum. The quest for Truth is well worth this journey. If we post knowing that God reads these thoughts, questions, comments etc. we would all be better Catholics. Truth is truth. If we can not show charity on this forum, how could we possibly do it in our daily lives.

Besides, if you really wanted off the forum you would simply not visit the site.

Jim, please stick arround

JMJ,

George
George Brenner
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:07 pm

An appeal to Jehanne.

Jehanne, twice now you asked Rasha to shut this site down, but I think we both know that your propensity to degenerate into foul language and to attack the Pope and me with this vile language was an appeal or challenge to have you banished. You know Rasha is not going to shut down this Forum just because you tell him to, so it is easy to discern your real motives.

You almost seem to be taunting the owner and moderator as if to say “go ahead and ban me, see if I care”.

It is obvious that this Forum is not moderated like other forums and you can say whatever you please, no mater how vile or filthy. As such, it is incumbent upon you and upon all of us who post on this forum to moderate ourselves.

If you can’t control your language and your personal attacks against the Pope, then I would ask that you simply leave the forum and leave us in peace.

Watching you descend with both feet into the vicious attack mode reminiscent of a certain sede sect makes all of us fear for your immortal soul, even if you scoff and swear at us for being “heretics”.

However, if you keep this up, you will be banned ... it’s just a matter of time, and none too soon if you can’t control yourself.

We’re not a bunch of milquetoast marshmallows here; we’re tough and have been through a lot of scrapes before. But there is a line, Jehanne, and you have crossed it.

I’m asking you to moderate yourself and to remember that what you and what all of us say on this Forum will be repeated back to us on our particular judgment ... and there’s no taking it back.

MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  pascendi Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:03 am

Roguejim wrote:Is it a sin to frequent this forum?

Per se, no.

Sometimes, perhaps.

Can be.

Is it time well spent?

Most likely not.

No.

Children are far better at the matter of occupying themselves.

I sincerely doubt it. He made it absolutely clear what He was pleased with. "Spirited debate' was nothing ever mentioned. As if the intellect had to be won over before Faith ever had a chance to work its magic.

Why are you here?

I'm not. I just popped in on a whim after a long, long time just to amuse myself.

I asked Rasha awhile back to delete my account, but he didn't comply. If anyone can PM me with instructions as to how to do that myself, I'll burn a votive candle for you. Say what you want about Pascendi, but he would not have given the sedes a camp on his forum. Rasha's liberality is misplaced, and sinful. I'll wait three days for a PM, then no more of this. Whatever lotus there may be buried in this dunghill is too deep for me to find.

I wouldn't have tolerated that, hell no. I wouldn't have, and didn't tolerate MRyan either.

Blow this joint. Let's make some beer instead and just be Catholics.

Take a piece of good advice, everyone. Blow this joint, and all the joints, and then in private and quiet somewhere, ask yourself what God really wants of you. Ask how you can truly please Him, and help others gain salvation. And then, go do that thing.

Go. Go pray, go suffer what God sends you. Your founder has spoken and tells you the truth, now go... do it. Leave the theological wars to the fools and rise above. The days of the forums have run their course, their task is done and we all just need to move on to bigger and better things that God wants from us. Give it up.

pascendi

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:57 am

How nice of meltdown-man, who has been banned from more forums than you can shake a stick at, to stop in and dispense with his sage advice to drop the forum -- and that he didn't "tolerate" sede's or MRyan either.

Thanks for stopping in.

No, really.

MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum