Latest topics
» Magsiterial Heresy ?
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:36 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Magisterium should apologise to the SSPX for the excommunication of Archbishop Lefebvre
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:34 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Brother Francis MICM made a mistake on Vatican Council II
Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:14 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Legion of Christ universities in Rome adapt to leftist laws
Fri May 22, 2015 7:53 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» CM, SSPX, MICM deny the Faith to please superiors
Thu May 21, 2015 4:44 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» SSPX and Church Militant are using the same liberal theology and are unaware of it
Wed May 20, 2015 9:54 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Michael Voris uses liberal theology and yet critcizes Michael Coren
Tue May 19, 2015 10:10 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fr.John Zuhlsdorf condones Mass for suicide
Tue May 19, 2015 9:18 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Vatican Council II is traditional or liberal depending on how you interpret the Letter of the Holy Office
Mon May 18, 2015 5:57 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Church Militant unable to answer questions on extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Sun May 17, 2015 5:55 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Brother Andre Marie MICM and Christine Niles approve liberal theology on Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus
Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Christine Niles misses the elephant in the living room
Fri May 15, 2015 9:54 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Cardinal Pell recommends the Roman Forum and telling a lie
Wed May 13, 2015 9:43 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» GOOGLE CLOSES DOWN BLOG EUCHARIST AND MISSION
Tue May 12, 2015 9:23 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Vatican Council II interpreted without the irrational premise. The SSPX could affirm this
Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:25 am by George Brenner

» Cardinal Raymond Burke approved Fr. John Hardon's error
Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:27 pm by tornpage

» Fr.Robert Barron in Catholicism uses an irrational proposition to reach an irrational conclusion
Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:49 am by Lionel Andrades

» Cardinal Raymond Burke interprets Church documents with an irrational premise and conclusion and offers the Traditional Latin Mass
Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:25 am by Lionel Andrades

» Beautiful Gregorian Chant
Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:10 pm by tornpage

» Fr.Robert Barron in Catholicism uses an irrational proposition to reach an irrational conclusion
Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:47 am by Lionel Andrades

Gaudium et Spes

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gaudium et Spes

Post  columba on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:09 am

George,

I'm reading your posts and hopefully replying to them also when replying to Mike.
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  George Brenner on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Columba,

Maybe this helps or perhaps not:

Wikipedia: Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying, "Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us." 40 The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply, "Have you no fear of God, for you are subject to the same condemnation? 41 And indeed, we have been condemned justly, for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes, but this man has done nothing criminal." 42 Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." 43 He replied to him, "Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise." 23:39-43

So what if the good thief had not said these words out loud and they were only unspoken in the thoughts and heart of St. Dismas? Would he still be in Heaven? Of Course,( I believe, in my very very humble opinion) for Jesus would have known and acted on The unspoken in the exact same manner, Right?

Why would not the Sacrament of Baptism by Water have similarities as taught by the Church in the possibilities of Baptism of Desire?

JMJ,

George
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  columba on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:16 pm

100% agree George.
St. Dismass' prayer I'm confident would have been efficacious whether vocal or silent.

Baptism however requires matter as well as form in order for it to be valid, not to mention a minister and proper intention.
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  RememberGethsemane on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:55 am

columba wrote:
RememberGethsemane wrote:I see your irish Columba, Im a scottish brit but spent most of my life in canada, back home in bonny scotland now. A great saint was Columba, I'm taking it thats ur screen name rather than your birth name. Any other Europeans in here you know about?

There's one other European here who goes by the screen name Simplefaith but hasn't posted in a while. He's Irish too and lives about 6 miles from me.

Yep, Columba was a great saint and that's why I use him as my screen name. My avatar though is St. Vincent Ferrer who's another of my favorite saints. He preached here in Ireland 600 years ago and preached in England too. I don't know if he got as far as your neck o' the woods, Scotland.

Hope you have a good hogmanay RG. Keep the kilt below knee length.

RememberGethsemane

Back to top Go down

Post  RememberGethsemane on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:12 am

RememberGethsemane wrote:
columba wrote:
RememberGethsemane wrote:I see your irish Columba, Im a scottish brit but spent most of my life in canada, back home in bonny scotland now. A great saint was Columba, I'm taking it thats ur screen name rather than your birth name. Any other Europeans in here you know about?

There's one other European here who goes by the screen name Simplefaith but hasn't posted in a while. He's Irish too and lives about 6 miles from me.

Yep, Columba was a great saint and that's why I use him as my screen name. My avatar though is St. Vincent Ferrer who's another of my favorite saints. He preached here in Ireland 600 years ago and preached in England too. I don't know if he got as far as your neck o' the woods, Scotland.

Hope you have a good hogmanay RG. Keep the kilt below knee length.

Sorry made a pigs arse trying to reply just now, I need to hire a tutor to use this website sometimes.. I said: Hogmanay here is just a disaster now, not like it used to be, lost it's communal theme and craic , just morons going nuts now .. bit like vatican 2 tbh lol Razz Never heard of St. Vincent gonna google him, I was on this website that had me absorbed: thepopeinred.com all about Pope Gregory XVII (Cardinal Siri) intriguing!

RememberGethsemane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum