Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
An introduction EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
An introduction EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
An introduction EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
An introduction EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
An introduction EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
An introduction EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
An introduction EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
An introduction EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
An introduction EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
An introduction EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
An introduction EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
An introduction EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
An introduction EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
An introduction EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
An introduction EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
An introduction EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
An introduction EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
An introduction EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
An introduction EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
An introduction EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

An introduction

+3
Jehanne
simple Faith
Matto
7 posters

Go down

An introduction Empty An introduction

Post  Matto Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Matthew and I am a traditional Catholic. I also post at Cathinfo and Archbishop Lefebvre Forums with the same name, Matto.

I do not believe in baptism of blood or baptism of desire, but I believe that Baptism is necessary for salvation. I go to Mass at an SSPX chapel even though I disagree with them about certain things, such as their belief that people can be saved without the faith. Are people who go to SSPX Masses welcome here?

I noticed that Jehanne has some posts here, who I recognize from Cathinfo.

Anyway if I am welcome, that's great. If I am not welcome, I can leave. God Bless you all.
Matto
Matto

Back to top Go down

An introduction Empty Re: An introduction

Post  simple Faith Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 am

Hi Matthew, welcome. Unfortunately nobody lives here anymore; the 'new' moderator chased all the inhabitants away shortly after he exercised his 'authority'. Fortunately, I think, they have all been re-homed around the cyber world.
simple Faith
simple Faith

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:17 pm

I still "check in" from time to time; but yes, the forum appears to be virtually abandoned.
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  simple Faith Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:46 am

Hi Jehanne, hope everything is well with you. I wonder if any of the other 'old-timers' every check in here. I would love to hear where they all moved on to after their eviction from this forum. Has anyone changed or modified previous positions (or become more entrenched or extreme)?
Is everyone still 'obsessed' with baptism of blood and baptism of desire, Sr Lucy's kidnapping, antipopes etc?

I've heard that Columba has since bought a little holiday apartment in Medjugorje where he is anxiously awaiting the canonization of Blessed John Paul II.

Any other updates anyone?
simple Faith
simple Faith

Back to top Go down

Post  pascendi Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Checking in after many, many moons. I'm the original starter of this forum. I have absolutely no idea what's transpired as the forum has passed through a couple hands and I haven't been watching.

I still believe the same things as I always have, and things are rather well. The Faith is nearly all about love, about prayer and sacrifice and daily duty. The intellectual aspect of it is mightily over-rated, imho. We've planted ourselves in a Ruthenian parish several years ago and love it. It should go without saying that, yes, I still obviously firmly believe that there is no salvation outside the Church, though I think my understanding of this dogma has deepened considerable, without in any way being compromised. I still believe that baptism is necessary for salvation by a "necessity of means", because, well... it's the truth.

Other than that, I've been making beer and eating the world's hottest peppers, and most of the time, just working and enjoying the home life.

pascendi

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:29 am

Hey all!

I've been thinking about you guys recently which led me to check out the forum and I am happy to see some of you checked in as well.  Don't have much time now to write but just wanted to say hello and God bless and say a little prayer for me and I for you!
Allie
Allie

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 am

Allie wrote:Hey all!

I've been thinking about you guys recently which led me to check out the forum and I am happy to see some of you checked in as well.  Don't have much time now to write but just wanted to say hello and God bless and say a little prayer for me and I for you!
I will add in addition and in response to Simple Faith's questions- I have realized how little I knew about true "traditional Catholicism" in my previous posting periods.  In the past couple years I have realized how thorough and rampant Modernism & confusion is in the Church, how much more I need to be praying for the Pope, and how I need to be sober, vigilant, a lover of Truth, but also joyful & grateful to our Lord for his abundant blessings and the gift of Faith & the Sacraments.
Allie
Allie

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi all,

Just making my bi-monthly check-in and must say, it's good to hear from a few familiar, long-lost friends. Hope everyone's well and still keeping the faith. Haven't been posting much anywhere except very occasionally on a new traditionalist forum called Suscipe Domine.

Still holding the same position I held when last here concerning baptism of desire and Invincible Ignorance but modified my fence-sitting stance since Francis came on the scene. Ive seen some evidence that makes me believe he was not validly elected and with his track record to date kinda supporting that evidence and my firm belief that a heretic cannot be pope, I don't believe him to be a true pope. Other than that I'm with Pascendi on the importance of prayer and trying to live a personal holy life. The bigger questions can wait til judgment day if that so pleases the Lord. In the meantime I just play it safe and stay away from anything and everything that's not found in traditional Catholicism (and I'll include the messages from Medjuguri on that list for the benefit of my old drinking partner, SimpleFaith).

BTW, Anyone heard from Mike? If he's now a sede I'll rethink my opinion on Medjagoogoo. Smile 

columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  pascendi Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:41 am

Something to look into: a heretic can actually retain his office.

pascendi

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:55 pm

pascendi wrote:Something to look into:  a heretic can actually retain his office.
I have looked into the matter (for a long time now) and can find nothing from the Church Doctors supporting the idea that a public heretic can retain his office.
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Janitor Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:01 pm

simple Faith wrote:Hi Matthew, welcome. Unfortunately nobody lives here anymore; the 'new' moderator chased all the inhabitants away shortly after he exercised his 'authority'. Fortunately, I think, they have all been re-homed around the cyber world.
You left of your own authority, nancy.
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor
Admin

https://catholicforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Janitor Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:13 pm

columba wrote:
pascendi wrote:Something to look into:  a heretic can actually retain his office.
I have looked into the matter (for a long time now) and can find nothing from the Church Doctors supporting the idea that a public heretic can retain his office.
Tallyrand, Gibbons, Ireland, Boussuet, maybe Jansenius and many, many others.
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor
Admin

https://catholicforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum