Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism.

3 posters

Go down

Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. Empty Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism.

Post  Jehanne Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:39 pm

The left-wing of the Catholic Church also "believes" in it:

http://www.womenpriests.org/traditio/biblical.asp#saved

Are they "psychologically disturbed"? In modernistic Catholic theology there is a saying, "Today's heresy is tomorrow's dogma." Every scholar whom I have ever read agrees that the Catholic Church has "changed" its/her teaching on EENS. And, when did this "change" occur? 1800+ years after the fact. Just consider Hans Küng, who's academic credentials are beyond dispute. (But, then again, so what?! One could point to the National Academy of Sciences, 90% of whom are atheist, but does that "prove" atheism??) He even agrees that Popes used to teach only the salvation of Catholics, which is why he feels perfectly comfortable as a "Catholic" in denying the dogma of Papal Infallibility. So, who's "disturbed"? Those of us who adhere to the traditional teaching of the Catholic Church, or those who embrace Catholic modernism, in whole or in part (such as the EWTN neo-cons.)

I rest my case.
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. Empty Re: Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism.

Post  Guest Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:00 am

Good point, there are also several Protestant sites that try to "prove" that the Catholic Church is false because it "used to" teach EENS but now says everyone can be saved. (Of course they do not distinguish between infallible and fallible documents).

I wouldn't say however that EWTN-ers are formally modernists. I was one myself and I can tell you that I simply was never introduced to the issues, that's all. They also practice a sort of blind obedience to the Church. Those types of parishes/religious orders/priests kind of insulate their faithful to the problems in the Church. I was involved with a conservative Novus Ordo group and it was basically considered a sin to read traditionalist material. Like you could not even open the book....

Can you imagine what it is like for a religious or priest member of one of these conservative N.O. orders? The superiors can command subjects under obedience not to read certain websites, publications, documents, etc and they WOULD have to obey. The rule in regards to obedience is that you have to obey unless the superior commands some immoral action.

Back to top Go down

Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism. Empty Re: Yet another reason to believe in Feeneyism.

Post  MRyan Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:49 am

If I were a priest, I would forbid everyone in my parish, under pain of sin, from visiting any sedevacantist website, and from reading sede documents and publications without my express permission (it better be for a good reason). And when one of the traveling sedevacantists came rolling into town to give one of his “talks” about the “apostate Novus Ordo so-called Catholic Church”, I would forbid every parishioner, under pain of sin, from attending such events.

Step two - excommunication.

Btw, "to believe in Feeneyism" sounds like its a religion.
MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Catholic_Truth Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:34 am

MRyan wrote:Btw, "to believe in Feeneyism" sounds like its a religion.

From my understanding, Mother Teresa and her Sisters believed in Feeneyism.

Isn't there talks about recognizing her as a Saint? Perhaps she was a Feeneyite and later changed her belief.
Catholic_Truth
Catholic_Truth

http://www.PaltalkExpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 am

MRyan wrote:If I were a priest, I would forbid everyone in my parish, under pain of sin, from visiting any sedevacantist website, and from reading sede documents and publications without my express permission (it better be for a good reason). And when one of the traveling sedevacantists came rolling into town to give one of his “talks” about the “apostate Novus Ordo so-called Catholic Church”, I would forbid every parishioner, under pain of sin, from attending such events.

Step two - excommunication.

Btw, "to believe in Feeneyism" sounds like its a religion.

It's a misnomer. Father Feeney's name and EENS were, in the 20th-century at least, inseparable. Of course, Father Feeney was not the first to advocate EENS, in the traditional sense that the Church had defined it, nor was he the first to suggest that Water Baptism was absolutely necessary for salvation. Likewise, Saint Thomas was not the only theologian alive during his day, there were others (of course!), and not everyone agreed with Saint Thomas' teachings on BoB/BoD. I do not have the scholastic theologian's name off-hand who taught the absolute necessity of water baptism, but I will look it up. I believe that his name is in Father Laisney's "Is Feeneyism Catholic" book. In any case, this theologian's ideas were never condemned as being heretical.
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down