Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church

2 posters

Go down

Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church Empty Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Has anyone hear of these nuns? They are former Sedevacantists (CMRI) who started a monastery in the Diocese of Spokane (Novus Ordo).

Here is their testimony:
http://www.sistersofmarymotherofthechurch.org/66

While I am happy they are not sedevacantists anymore....I dunno...I think their testimony is kind of sappy. I was listening to the testimony waiting for some substance rather than just personal anecdotes. My take on it is that their convent was overly strict and maybe even cultic and they got kind of burnt out on the oppressive atmosphere. (Interestingly enough there are some "Novus Ordo" groups that have also been shown by former members to be quite controlling- Legionaries, Opus Dei)

Also, why not stay with the Traditional Latin Mass? I am sure that Rome would have made the provision for them. Perhaps it is a replaying of what happened after Vatican II, everyone went wild and went in the opposite direction because of the Jansenistic tendencies of some convents.

Back to top Go down

Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church Empty Re: Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Here they are on the "Life on the Rock" EWTN program

http://www.sistersofmarymotherofthechurch.org/52

The host of the show says that Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus is "easy misunderstood" and "must be taken in context." Um, yeah....

What kind of education do these people receive in these orders?

Back to top Go down

Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church Empty Re: Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 10:05 pm

I think even MRyan will agree with me that the comments of that host of Life on The Rock are lame-o.

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan Tue May 24, 2011 3:39 pm

RashaLampa wrote:I think even MRyan will agree with me that the comments of that host of Life on The Rock are lame-o.
I'll take your word for it. I've seen a few episodes of "Life on The Rock" and heard some pretty lame stuff.

Forgive me if I pass on watching the subject episode.

For what its worth, I don't believe that the sisters who left the CMRI were in a position to "demand" the TLM, though one rather wishes that they had.
MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Former sedevacantists- Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church Empty Sisters and NO Mass

Post  jeff417 Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:58 pm

The Sisters, in fact, do attend the EF Mass in Spokane. They do, however, also attend NO Masses. Coming from a Sedevacantist parish, I believe that they wanted to show their solidarity to the local Bishop and the Pope by participating in the liturgies throughout the diocese.

jeff417

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:01 am

Ah, so the Sisters are "bi-ritual" Smile

Thanks for the update and clarification.
MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  jeff417 Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:52 pm

MRyan wrote:Ah, so the Sisters are "bi-ritual" Smile

Thanks for the update and clarification.

Bad joke. Rolling Eyes

jeff417

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down