Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Is the NEW MASS LEGIT?

2 posters

Go down

Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? Empty Is the NEW MASS LEGIT?

Post  MRyan Wed May 25, 2011 11:25 pm

The SSPX is at it again:
http://sspx.org/news/is_new_mass_legit/is_the_new_mass_legit.htm

"Is the NEW MASS LEGIT?

5-25-2011

Pope Paul VI published on April 3, 1969 the Apostolic Constitution, Missale Romanum that supposedly promulgated the Novus Ordo Missae; but was this a legitimate act?"

Yes, it was, but let's get right to the conclusion of this latest hit piece:

"Now, even if one wanted to contest the heretical elements of the New Mass, the sole refusal to profess Catholic dogmas quintessential to the Mass renders the new liturgy deficient. It is like a captain who refuses to provide his shipmen with a proper diet. They soon become sick with scurvy due, not so much to direct poison, as from vitamin deficiency. Such is the new Mass. At best, it provides a deficient spiritual diet to the faithful. The correct definition of evil—lack of a due good—clearly shows that the New Mass is evil in and of itself regardless of the circumstances. It is not evil by positive profession of heresy. It is evil by lacking what Catholic dogma should profess: the True Sacrifice, the Real Presence, the ministerial priesthood. This deficiency had already been denounced by Cardinals Ottaviani and Bacci months before the New Mass was promulgated:

'The recent reforms have amply demonstrated that new changes in the liturgy could not be made without leading to complete bewilderment of the faithful, who already show an indubitable lessening of their faith. Among the best of the clergy, the result is an agonizing crisis of conscience, numberless instances of which come to our notice daily.'"

How are those "doctrinal" discussions going anyway? This should liven things up.
MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Is the NEW MASS LEGIT? Empty Re: Is the NEW MASS LEGIT?

Post  Guest Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am

Add this to one of many reasons why I will not go (and have never gone) to an SSPX Mass.

Back to top Go down

Post  Roguejim Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 am

I would go to an SSPX Mass with great joy. The Novus Ordo Mass at my parish is painful to attend. What the SSPX thinks about the Novus Ordo is immaterial to me. I wish they would open up shop here.
Roguejim
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 26, 2011 12:26 pm

While I hesitate to call the Novus Ordo "evil" or "heretical" outright, I do agree with many of the concerns of the SSPX regarding the Novus Ordo liturgy (or rather, especially its celebration, which is what really matters).

It is like a captain who refuses to provide his shipmen with a proper diet. They soon become sick with scurvy due, not so much to direct poison, as from vitamin deficiency. Such is the new Mass. At best, it provides a deficient spiritual diet to the faithful.
The recent reforms have amply demonstrated that new changes in the liturgy could not be made without leading to complete bewilderment of the faithful, who already show an indubitable lessening of their faith. Among the best of the clergy, the result is an agonizing crisis of conscience, numberless instances of which come to our notice daily.

That said, I have never attended an SSPX liturgy and when faced with a choice between Novus Ordo or SSPX (when no other TLM is available), I have suffered through the Novus Ordo rather than support a group which began through a schismatic act. I would LOVE to be privy to the doctrinal discussions between the SSPX and the Holy See.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 27, 2011 12:38 am

Luckily I am in a city with several TLMs, some Opus Dei Novus Ordos, the Byzantine rite (Ukrainian, Melkite, Romanian, Ruthenian), the Chaldean rite, the Maronite rite, the Syro-Malabar rite, the Syro-Malankara rite, and the Ge'ez rite.

My comment was not meant to be a judgement on people that go to the SSPX because they are in a situation like Roguejim.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down