Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church

4 posters

Go down

baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church Empty Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church

Post  otremer6 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:20 pm

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gaCbMcn46Wc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

otremer6

Back to top Go down

baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church Empty Re: Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church

Post  otremer6 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:37 pm

otremer6

Back to top Go down

baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church Empty One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church & Baptism of Desire

Post  George Brenner Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Once upon a time there was a subdivision that had covenants that you had to abide by to live there as a homeowner. One of the Covenants were that all homes in this subdivision must be entirely brick. As time went by all the homes built were completley brick. But then one day a new owner moved in and only put brick on the front and sides. Almost all the homeowners were really upset, but a few said that it was not a big deal, since from the front drive by, you really did not see the back anyhow. Although the rule was clear the home association let it slide. Well the next year a couple more homeowners moved to this subdivision. Well one put brick on the front only and would you believe the other home was built with only 40 % brick on the front and the rest of the house was vinyl siding. Well Eugene the President of the home association said that the rules are very clear, all houses must be all brick. The home association argued and would not enforce this mandate. Some said those with partial brick were in an imperfect and commendable status in their pursuit of Brickedness.
So how does the story end.....stay tuned

You cannot climb Mount Everest or Mount Mckinley, because you have poor health. The OR becomes both{AND}
George Brenner
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church Empty Re: Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church

Post  DeSelby Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:30 am

George Brenner wrote:Once upon a time there was a subdivision that had covenants that you had to abide by to live there as a homeowner. One of the Covenants were that all homes in this subdivision must be entirely brick. As time went by all the homes built were completley brick. But then one day a new owner moved in and only put brick on the front and sides. Almost all the homeowners were really upset, but a few said that it was not a big deal, since from the front drive by, you really did not see the back anyhow. Although the rule was clear the home association let it slide. Well the next year a couple more homeowners moved to this subdivision. Well one put brick on the front only and would you believe the other home was built with only 40 % brick on the front and the rest of the house was vinyl siding. Well Eugene the President of the home association said that the rules are very clear, all houses must be all brick. The home association argued and would not enforce this mandate. Some said those with partial brick were in an imperfect and commendable status in their pursuit of Brickedness.

You cannot climb Mount Everest or Mount Mckinley, because you have poor health. The OR becomes both{AND}

You'll forgive me if at first glance I thought your post was actually spam that happened to work as allegory; now I believe it to just be allegory; I think...

How does the story end? Smile
DeSelby
DeSelby

Back to top Go down

baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church Empty One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

Post  George Brenner Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:29 pm

Once upon a time there was a subdivision that had covenants that you had to abide by to live there as a homeowner. One of the Covenants were that all homes in this subdivision must be entirely brick. As time went by all the homes built were completley brick. But then one day a new owner moved in and only put brick on the front and sides. Almost all the homeowners were really upset, but a few said that it was not a big deal, since from the front drive by, you really did not see the back anyhow. Although the rule was clear the homeoeners association let it slide. Well the next year a couple more homeowners moved to this subdivision. Well one put brick on the front only and would you believe the other home was built with only 40 % brick on the front and the rest of the house was vinyl siding. Well Eugene the President of the home association said that the rules are very clear, all houses must be all brick. The home association argued and would not enforce this mandate. Some said those with partial brick were in an imperfect and commendable status in their pursuit of Brickedness.
Still more people moved into the subdivision and things continued to change. Some people now built houses that were entirely vinyl siding; no brick at all. Eventually many other of the Home Association rules were broken. Motorhomes and boats were parked in the drive ways of a few houses a clear violation of the rules. The complaints of the totally Brickhouse Homeowners grew more and more and they pleaded with the home association to enforce the rules. They were frustrated that the situation was getting out of hand. The Association said we need to accomodate the diversity of opinion for the good of all.

At this time John the new Association President who lived on 23rd Street said I will call a meeting of all the homeowners including the ones who do not agree with the orginal contract they had signed when they moved into the subdivision. John said this will not be a binding meeting but will bring a spirit of fresh air and comprimise to the current situation. John's intentions were noble but the results were not what was intended. Sadly John's work was not finished and as he was dying his final words were: Stop these meetings, Stop these meetings.

Paul was the next Association President and had a tough challenge to make the best of the momentum of changes to so many aspects of the clearly written Orginal Association rules ; the Do's and Dont's if you were. Paul was warned and made aware by many of new modern newfangle ideas and what it would do to the structure, discipline and harmony of the community. Paul tried hard to salvage these meetings and even suggested neighbor cookouts to share goodwill as friends living and working together. Some of the homeowners used old tires to start their fires and smoked Salmon{not spam}. The stench was awful and Paul said now the smoke of salmon has entered our community. Paul was deeply saddened as he remembered the words of a previous Pius President that said some will reduce our mandated rules to a meaningless formula.

Three more Presidents came after Paul and struggled with the mess and what to do to fix the problem. Clearly they were challenged now with lack of good people to volunteer to help the Homeowners Association go forward. At the same time there were ongoing illicit and immoral parties by too many of the current members. The infighting, diverse opinions and lack of direction was very obvious to many.

Through all these many years of difficult times , let it be said that there are many that remaine strong in their moral character and believe that the orginal contract, which is still on the books simply needs to be enforced.
And the Gates of Hell did not prevail.

The End

As a Extraordinary minister of the Holy Eucharist at a Hospital, I would like to say that I am blessed to visit with so many patients, some barely sick and some close to death.
I have learned so much from them. I do not deserve this opportunity. They inspire me ,sadden me , encourage me and at times break my heart on things they say about the Catholic Church.

To all of you in Forum land, I salute you. You all have a passion and desire to pursue the truth in your quest to spend eternity in Heaven. Be kind to each other with love and charity.

To all priests and religious, your job description is to get as many people as you possibly can to reach Purgatory or Heaven before you die.

Everything that has or will be pronounced as "Ex Cathedra", "Dogma", "Doctrine"
or "Let him be Anathema" are timeless and mean what they say. They can be reinforced but never watered down, changed or diluted in meaning.

Saints, Doctors of the Church, Popes, Clergy, the Church Militant and been wrong on many opinions, thoughts, writings and teachings throughout history.

Throughout history Every Holy Father has been the Pope but not every Pope has been the Holy Father.

Spiritual backbone is now in very short supply.

Have you had the opportunity to compare the difference between the Extraordinary versus Ordinary celebration of the Mass. The modesty of dress, the approach and receiving of Communion, the dignity, love,respect and thanksgiving due to our Savior.

I have prayed most of my life for the return of the more solemn and proper words to the Mass, especially Jesus own word "Many" and not All during the Consecration of the wine, Blessed for Happy, and with your Spirit , instead of and also with you, etc,

Do not Judge, lest you be judged

Live by and embrace the Ten Commandments

Receive the Sacraments, especially Confession

Love your neighbor. Show no malice or envy. Forgive your enemies. Help the poor.

There is a simple litmus test for all. Anyone who wishes harm, wants to hurt or kill in the name of God is at best in grave sin or worse, very evil.

We talk about God being all loving, all powerful, all knowing, all mercifull and all Just and these are true beyond are imagination but did you also know God is all Fair.

Avoiding Hell is not a matter of Luck under any circumstance since Creation.
What if a person was in a state of grace 95% of the time but died during the other 5% or vice versa for that matter?
What if a person dies in a car accident on their way to confess a mortal sin?
What if a young Jewish girl desires, vows, wills and talks to a priest to become a Catholic?
Don't worry about these things...." he sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty from whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead".
We are lovingly in good hands.

Love, live, know and defend Our Catholic Faith

Thou art Peter and upon this rock, I will build my Catholic Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail.

George Brenner
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:28 pm

WOW Great find! I wonder if he really mean Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus means what it says. Anyway I think he is closer to the truth than some hacks like Mark Shea. baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church 67245 bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Welcome aboard George!

Back to top Go down

baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church Empty No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church

Post  George Brenner Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Very happy to be here, Cowboy

Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus means exactly what it says dogmatically going back to the founding of our Catholic Faith. We always need to show love and charity to non catholics but never accomodation or comprimise of the necessity of belonging to the Catholic Church to be saved.....Period
Jesus, the son of God and second person of the Blessed Trinity founded One, Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church and thus Jesus is Catholic by definition.
Many Catholic Patients that I visit in the Hospital are so deperately yearning for the truth and direction. By example, I had one lady recently say to me since Vatican II we do not have to worry about Purgatory anymore. I asked her in a kind manner if she prayed for her deceased relatives and friends and she said of course. I said well we never need to pray for people in Heaven or Hell , so everyone we pray for is in Purgatory to be cleansed for our sins and need our prayers and masses said for them.
We have let so many people down since Vatican II.
I have an extensive library of Catholic books written in the 19th or early 20th century
that are stamped Notre Dame or ST Mary's college. I wish I had more as they were simply thrown away and replace with all new Vatican II era books.
We live in difficult times unpresidented in Our Church history. Vatican II will be undone and Our Church restored to proper dicipline along with the Mass celebrated in sacred Holy format throuhout the world. We need a modern day Saint to insist and lead the way.
George Brenner
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  Roguejim Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:48 am

GB,

If I may, how did you find this forum? Welcome,of course!

Having said that, your posting, frankly, is a montage of truisms, and loose ends. Most of your statements simply beg some question, or at least, beg for some degree of precision. Nowhere to go with it, really. Just for kicks though, can you explain what is meant by the underlined words below.:
"We talk about God being all loving, all powerful, all knowing, all mercifull and all Just and these are true beyond are imagination but did you also know God is all Fair.
Roguejim
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

baptism - Voris Says: No Salvation Outside the Catholic Church Empty Response to Jim

Post  George Brenner Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:55 pm

I just found this website by chance and am very thankful for that. I am just a poor sinner and am sure that like everyone on this particular forum, I hope to lead a proper life by example, deeds and state of Grace to make it to Heaven. I love the Catholic Church and need any all all help I can get. I am humbled by much of what I have read on this forum. Naturally, I do not agree with everything that I have read; but from what I have seen so far their is plenty of wisdom in pursuit of TRUTH.

Many times in my life, I have heard and had to deal with people who during and after personal tragedy have cried that Why would God allow this or that to happen. God is not fair some have said.{eg's: Death of a young child or stillborn baby} These examples are tragic and oh so sad. In the case of a four year old baptised child we have a clear example of a known Saint. God allows things to happen as part of natural course an/or free will. But we can be certain that God is all fair along with everything else we know and love in God.

I sometimes have toyed with the idea of writting a book called "The God Chair", in which anyone could ask 72 questions to God that they would like to know before they die. I know the No Salvation outside the Catholic Church troubles many,my self not included.
I also feel many would say to some of God's answers, Well thats just your opinion.

I have many books on the writings of the Saints on the fewness of those that our saved. We all need to stay vigilent. We have to work at every second.
George Brenner
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down