Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Forum back EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Forum back EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Forum back EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Forum back EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Forum back EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Forum back EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Forum back EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Forum back EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Forum back EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Forum back EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Forum back EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Forum back EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Forum back EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Forum back EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Forum back EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Forum back EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Forum back EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Forum back EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Forum back EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Forum back EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Forum back

3 posters

Go down

Forum back Empty Forum back

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Ok, well I am opening the forum back up to whomever is interested. I am going to try to check in at least 15 min a day.

I will warn you all though if people resort to name-calling or "reporting" me and trying to get the forum shut down I will just ban you with no warning.

Back to top Go down

Forum back Empty Re: Forum back

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:38 pm

I see some people have been signing in lately even though the forum is locked hopefully the word will spread.

Back to top Go down

Forum back Empty Forum Back

Post  George Brenner Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:43 pm

God Bless you, RashaLampa,

I agree 100 percent on what you said about proper posting conduct.

JMJ,

George

George Brenner
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:23 am

Hi Rasha, hi George.
Hope you are all well.
Happy first Sunday of Advent.
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:53 am

Well, the new translation finally goes into effect today. But I won't notice because I am going to Divine Liturgy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:04 am

Welcome back Columba! Forum back 223777

Back to top Go down

Post  DeSelby Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Hello to all of you. I was happily surprised to see the forum back.

RashaLampa wrote:Well, the new translation finally goes into effect today. But I won't notice because I am going to Divine Liturgy.

I think the new translation was over-hyped.

The same cabal still runs the show. For instance, at my parish, we had a new hymnal (http://www.giamusic.com/sacred_music/hymnals_new_worshipIV.cfm)...

"The section of Rites of the Church presents the sacramental rituals with an outline of each rite, ritual commentary, and musical elements such as responsorial psalms and acclamations- material intended to enable the average worshiper to participate fully in these liturgies."

This section is problematic I think because it presents a watered down view of each of the Rites of the Church. I would even say borderline heresy in certain parts, or at least tending toward it.

Examples:

Order of Mass
The Church gathers on the Lord’s Day to listen to Scripture, to offer prayers, to give thanks and praise to God while recalling God’s gifts in creation and saving deeds in Jesus, and to share in Holy Communion.
In these rites of word and eucharist, the Church keeps Sunday as the Lord’s Day, the day of creation and resurrection, the “eighth day” when the fullness of God’s kingdom is anticipated. The Mass or eucharistic celebration of the Christian community has rites of gathering, of word, of eucharist, of dismissal. All those who gather constitute the assembly. One member of this assembly who has been ordained to the presbyterate or episcopate, the priesthood, leads the opening and closing prayers and the eucharistic prayer, and presides over the whole assembly. A member ordained to the diaconate may assist, read the gospel, and preach. Other members of the assembly are chosen and trained for various ministries: These are the readers, servers, ushers, musicians, communion ministers. All of these assist the assembly. It is the assembly itself, all those present, that does the liturgy.
The Order of Mass which follows is familiar to all who regularly join in this assembly. It is learned through repetition. This Order of Mass leaves many decisions to the local community, and others are determined by the various seasons of the liturgical year.

...They are obsessed with "the assembly".

Liturgy of the Eucharist
To celebrate the Eucharist means to give thanks and praise. When the altar has been prepared with the bread and wine, the assembly joins the priest in remembering the gracious gifts of God in creation and God’s saving deeds. The center of this is the paschal mystery, the death of our Lord Jesus Christ which destroyed the power of death and his rising which brings us life. The mystery in which we were baptized we proclaim each Sunday at the Eucharist. It is the very shape of Christian life. We find this in the simple bread and wine which stir our remembering and draw forth our prayer of thanksgiving. “Fruit of the earth and work of human hands,” the bread and wine become our Holy Communion in the Body and Blood of the Lord. We eat and drink to proclaim that we belong to one another and to the Lord.
The members of the assembly quietly prepare themselves even as the table is prepared. The priest then invites all to lift up their hearts and join in the eucharistic prayer. All do this by giving their full attention and by singing the acclamations from the “Holy, Holy, Holy” to the great “Amen.” Then the assembly joins in the Lord’s Prayer, the sign of peace and the “Lamb of God” litany which accompanies the breaking of bread. Ministers of communion assist the assembly to share the Body and Blood of Christ. A time of silence and prayer concludes the liturgy of the eucharist.

Still not one word about the representation of the sacrifice on the cross, that it is propitiatory for the living and the dead, etc.

22nd Session of the Council of Trent, Chapter 9, Canon III: "If any one saith, that the sacrifice of the mass is only a sacrifice of praise and of thanksgiving; or, that it is a bare commemoration of the sacrifice consummated on the cross, but not a propitiatory sacrifice; or, that it profits him only who receives; and that it ought not to be offered for the living and the dead for sins, pains, satisfactions, and other necessities; let him be anathema."

Yes, they never come out and directly say the mass is not a sacrifice, or anything like that, but one would have no idea that it is if they only read this outline. It's as if they implicitly deny it.

Other things could be brought to bear against this but I won't go in to at depth right now.

Liturgy of the Word
The Church listens to and—through the weeks and years—is shaped by the word of God. Those who have gathered for the Sunday liturgy are to give their full attention to the words of the reader. A time of silence and reflection follows each of the two readings. After the first reading, this reflection continues in the singing of the psalm. A homily, bringing together the scripture readings and the life of the community, follows the gospel. The liturgy of the word concludes with the dismissal of the catechumens, the creed and the prayers of intercession. In the latter, the assembly continues its constant work of recalling and praying for the universal Church and all those in need.
This reading and hearing of the word—simple things that they are—are the foundation of the liturgical celebration. The public reading of Scripture and the rituals which surround this—silence and psalm and acclamation, posture and gesture, preaching and litany of intercession—gather the Church generation after generation. They gather and sustain and gradually make of us the image of Christ.

The last paragraph puts the Liturgy of the Word over and above the Liturgy of the Eucharist; the "public reading of Scripture and the rituals which surround this" over the Eucharist.

I should probably just write a letter to my bishop and see what he thinks.

Anyway, yeah . . . how was Divine Liturgy?
DeSelby
DeSelby

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:03 pm

I also notice the word "table" in place of "altar." Goes to show this anemic understanding of the Mass.
Your right DeSelby; the changes haven't altered mindsets. In practical terms they are merely cosmetic.
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down