Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ?

3 posters

Go down

Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? Empty Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ?

Post  Catholic_Truth Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:41 am

I was just hoping that some of you could help me with a question I have. I was in a "Catholic" chat room and a Catholic there told me that lay Catholics cannot judge protestants as being heretics because no Catholic can ever know for certain if that protestant has committed the mortal sin of heresy because no Catholic can know if that protestant has met the 3 requirements for Mortal Sin to occur.
Those 3 are grievous matter, sufficient reflection and full consent of the will. That Catholic told me that even if a protestant publicly promulgates heresy, then we can't judge them and call them a formal heretic. In fact he apparently judged me and said I'm not a Catholic for calling protestants heretics. So I guess to him, I'm not a Catholic, but the protestants are Catholic. Anyway, what say all of you?

Last edited by Catholic_Truth on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : just to correct something)
Catholic_Truth
Catholic_Truth

http://www.PaltalkExpress.com

Back to top Go down

Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? Empty Re: Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ?

Post  MRyan Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:15 pm

What does the authentic, living ordinary Magisterium say?

MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ? Empty Re: Can a Catholic judge a Protestant to be a formal heretic ?

Post  columba Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Believe it are not this guy is correct.
He believes how the Church today believes. Ya know? the authentic, living ordinary Magisterium.

Even though the Protestants of today do not believe in the Eucharist, despise the mother of God and ridicule the Catholic saints, believe the Catholic Church to be the antichrist and the papal office to be a figment of Catholic imagination, the sacrament of penance to be a joke, the veneration of sacred images to be blasphemy and certain books of sacred scripturte to be disposable, they are however considered to be our seperated bretherin and our friends. With friends like that you may ask, who needs enemies, but you've got it all wrong.
There forefathers and founders of their new religion surprisingly didn't hold so many extreme views of Catholicism as they now do, but, these forefathers of theirs were Heretics with a capital "H." They themselves though, (the good Protestants of today) are not to be considered as heritics because if you call them heretics they won't like you, and anyway, there's no culpability attached to their sin of heresy because they don't know any better and we mustn't try to convert them because they might say No and that would leave us Catholics feeling like failures and it would also mean that we'd have to study our faith but that would take too much time... I mean... we've all got lives to live. Right? and things to do and places to go and I know that I for one can't afford to pay someone to mow the lawn and wash the car while I do all this studying, and anyway, I need the money for my 10yr old who's birthday is coming up soon and he wants that new Play station Game... what ya call it.. Resident Evil... and a new 26” flat screen TV for his bedroom.

Listen,, The Protestants aren't trying to kill us or ransack our Churches anymore. All they want is the same thing as we want; to get on with their lives and love everyone, just like the Barney song says, and help one another when we can, ya know, like lending them our churches to have their services when their own are under repair and better still, if we could make our Mass more like their service, ya know, by getting a nice table in the middle with chairs all round in a semi-circle and learn some of their nice hymns they will like us even more and maybe even want to become Catholics without all that preaching of truth and such nonsense like we used to do.
By the way! What is Mass anyway?

CT, good to hear from you again. I hope my post helps your friend. geek
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:31 pm

columba wrote:Believe it are not this guy is correct.
He believes how the Church today believes. Ya know? the authentic, living ordinary Magisterium.

Even though the Protestants of today do not believe in the Eucharist, despise the mother of God and ridicule the Catholic saints, believe the Catholic Church to be the antichrist and the papal office to be a figment of Catholic imagination,
Spoken like a true "Whore of Babylon" and "Rome will lose the Faith and become the seat of Antichrist" Jack Chick private interpretation Catholic who believes Papal Primacy and Peter, as the foundation for the visible edifice of the Church upon whose rock-like faith the faith and communion of the Church rests, to be a figment of VCI's imagination.

MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:44 pm

=cyan]]despise the mother of God and ridicule the Catholic saints, believe the Catholic Church to be the antichrist and the papal office to be a figment of Catholic imagination, [/quote]

Did I get that wrong?
This is what the "Rev" Ian Paisely beleves who until recently represented the opinins of the vast majority of the Protestant People of Ulster.
Unless of course I've picked him up wrong.
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down