Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Happy Easter EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Happy Easter EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Happy Easter EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Happy Easter EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Happy Easter EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Happy Easter EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Happy Easter EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Happy Easter EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Happy Easter EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Happy Easter EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Happy Easter EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Happy Easter EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Happy Easter EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Happy Easter EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Happy Easter EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Happy Easter EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Happy Easter EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Happy Easter EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Happy Easter EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Happy Easter EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Happy Easter

3 posters

Go down

Happy Easter Empty Happy Easter

Post  columba Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Happy Easter all. flower
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Happy Easter Empty Re: Happy Easter

Post  Guest Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Happy Easter Columba!

Hope St. Louis De Montfort's method on praying the Rosary is going well for you!

For anyone who is interested; here is a method by the same Saint taken fom the book The Secret Of The Rosary:

FIFTIETH ROSE: VARIOUS METHODS

METHODS OF SAYING THE MOST HOLY ROSARY SO AS TO DRAW UPON OUR SOULS
THE GRACE OF THE MYSTERIES OF THE LIFE, PASSION AND GLORY OF JESUS AND MARY

First Method

FIRST, say the "Come, Holy Ghost" . . . and then make your
OFFERING OF THE ROSARY:

I unite myself with all the Saints in Heaven, and with all the just on earth; I unite myself with Thee, my Jesus, in order to praise Thy Holy Mother worthily and to praise Thee in her and by her. I renounce all the distractions that may come to me while I am saying this Rosary.

Oh, Blessed Virgin Mary, we offer thee this Creed in order to honor the faith that thou didst have upon earth and to ask thee to have us share in the same faith.

Oh Lord; we offer Thee this Our Father so as to adore Thee in Thy oneness and to recognize Thee as the first cause and the last end of all things.

Most Holy Trinity, we offer Thee these three Hail Marys so as to thank Thee for all the graces which Thou hast given to Mary and those which Thou hast given us through her intercession.

The Apostles' Creed, One Our Father, Three Hail Marys, and a Glory be to the Father . . .

How to Offer Each Decade

The Joyful Mysteries

First Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this first decade in honor of Thine Incarnation and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Thy most Holy Mother, a profound humility.

One Our Father, ten Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father . . .

Grace of the mystery of the Incarnation, come down into my soul and make it truly humble.

Second Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this second decade in honor of the Visitation of Thy Holy Mother to her cousin Saint Elizabeth, and we ask of Thee through this mystery and through Mary's intercession, a perfect charity towards our neighbor.

Grace of the mystery of the Visitation come down into my soul and make it really charitable.

Third Decade: We offer Thee, O Child Jesus, this third decade in honor of Thy Blessed Nativity, and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Thy Blessed Mother, detachment from things of this world, love of poverty and love of the poor.

Grace of the mystery of the Nativity come down into my soul and make me truly poor in spirit.

Fourth Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this fourth decade in honor of Thy Presentation in the temple by the hands of Mary, and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Thy Blessed Mother, the gift of wisdom and purity of heart and body.

Grace of the mystery of the Purification, come down into my soul and make it really wise and really pure.

Fifth Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this fifth decade in honor of Thy Finding in the Temple among the learned men by Our Lady, after she had lost Thee, and we ask Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Thy Blessed Mother, to convert us and help us amend our lives, and also to convert all sinners, heretics, schismatics and idolaters.

Grace of the mystery of the Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple, come down into my soul and truly convert me.

The Sorrowful Mysteries

Sixth Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this sixth decade in honor of Thy mortal Agony in the Garden of Olives and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Thy Blessed Mother, perfect sorrow for our sins and the virtue of perfect obedience to Thy Holy Will.

Grace of Our Lord's Agony, come down into my soul and make me truly contrite and perfectly obedient to Thy Will.

Seventh Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this seventh decade in honor of Thy Bloody Scourging and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Thy Blessed Mother, the grace to mortify our senses perfectly.

Grace of Our Lord's Scourging, come down into my soul and make me truly mortified.

Eighth Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this eighth decade in honor of Thy cruel crowning with thorns, and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Thy Blessed Mother, a great contempt of the world [mortification of pride].

Grace of the mystery of Our Lord's crowning with Thorns, come down into my soul and make me despise the world.

Ninth Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this ninth decade in honor of Thy carrying Thy Cross and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Thy Blessed Mother, to give us great patience in carrying our cross in Thy footsteps every day of our life.

Grace of the mystery of the carrying of the Cross, come down into my soul and make me truly patient.

Tenth Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this tenth decade in honor of Thy Crucifixion on Mount Calvary, and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Thy Blessed Mother, a great horror of sin, a love of the Cross and the grace of a holy death for us and for those who are now in their last agony.

Grace of the mystery of the Death and Passion of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, come down into my soul and make me truly holy.

The Glorious Mysteries

ELEVENTH DECADE: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this eleventh decade in honor of Thy triumphant Resurrection and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Thy Blessed Mother, a lively faith.

Grace of the Resurrection come down into my soul and make me really faithful.

Twelfth Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this twelfth decade in honor of Thy glorious Ascension, and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Thy Blessed Mother, a firm hope and a great longing for Heaven.

Grace of the mystery of the Ascension of Our Lord, come down into my soul and make me ready for Heaven.

Thirteenth Decade: We offer Thee, O Holy Spirit, this thirteenth decade in honor of the mystery of Pentecost, and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through the intercession of Mary, Thy most faithful Spouse, Thy holy wisdom so that we may know, really love and practise Thy truth, and make all others share in it.

Grace of Pentecost, come down into my soul and make me really wise in the eyes of Almighty God.

Fourteenth Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this fourteenth decade in honor of the Immaculate Conception and the Assumption of Thy holy and Blessed Mother, body and soul, into Heaven, and we ask of Thee, through these two mysteries and through her intercession, the gift of true devotion to her to help us live and die holily.

Grace of the Immaculate Conception and the Assumption of Mary, come down into my soul and make me truly devoted to her.

Fifteenth Decade: We offer Thee, O Lord Jesus, this fifteenth and last decade in honor of the glorious crowning of Thy Blessed Mother in Heaven, and we ask of Thee, through this mystery and through Her intercession, the grace of perseverance and increase of virtue until the very moment of death and after that the eternal crown that is prepared for us. We ask the same grace for all the just and for all our benefactors.

We beseech Thee, dear Lord Jesus, by the fifteen mysteries of Thy life, death and passion, by Thy glory and by the merits of Thy Blessed Mother, to convert sinners and help the dying, to deliver the Holy Souls from Purgatory and to give us all Thy grace so that we may live well and die well----and please give us the Light of Thy glory later on so that we may see Thee face to face and love Thee for all eternity. Amen. So be it.

GOD ALONE

Is this the method you use Columba?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Blessings to you and yours, Columba!

P.S. Your profession of faith & Catholic beliefs are, by the way, between you and your priest and your bishop, in particular, the latter who is your immediate judge here on earth; don't let anyone here suggest to you otherwise. While some individuals here come across as being "judgmental," they are in no position to judge, let alone "pass judgment."
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Fatima,

Yes, the method I use is derived from my understanding of the writings of St. Louis de Montfort. I have used the Secret of the Rosary book many times but my usual method (and more convenient most of the time) is using memorized lines of scripture applicable to each mystery and inserting them between the Ave's. Without a good method of meditating on each mystery St. Louis said that the rosary would not be as efficacious.
After invoking the help of around sixty saints and the nine choirs of holy angels I place my intentions.n The intention (in these times) goes without saying: For knowledge of the truth, perfect knowledge of my sins, the grace of true repentance and the grace to perform due penance, preservation of the faith for myself, family and friends (including of course all here on the forum) and the conversion of sinners, especially the non-baptized and those who retain only the indelible mark of Christ on their souls received at Baptism but have since cut themselves off from the source of grace (which at times unfortuneately includes myself). I also have to include the souls in purgatory of many deceased family members and friends including quite a few Protestant ones (prayers offered now could still be effective in their death-bed conversion. (St Padre Pio once said as much). I pray also for the Pope, bishops and priests and leave it to Our Lady to determine who's to be included among the ranks.
I then ask the Blessed Virgin to unite my petitions with every valid Mass being offered throughout the world
Without the rosary I fear for my own salvation and that of those who are dependant upon our prayers for theirs.
With the rosary I am confident concerning the miracle of my own salvation and that of many others, not because of any merit on my part but solely because Our Lady has promised so. Let the devil and his fallen angels do their damndest (and I believe God gave them permission to do so for 100 yrs) but those who pray will most certainly be saved (St. Alphonus) but it could be the case that perserverance in prayer is unlikely if one were to disregard the known wishes of the Blessed Virgin and neglect to pray the rosary.

columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Jehanne wrote:Blessings to you and yours, Columba!

P.S. Your profession of faith & Catholic beliefs are, by the way, between you and your priest and your bishop, in particular, the latter who is your immediate judge here on earth; don't let anyone here suggest to you otherwise. While some individuals here come across as being "judgmental," they are in no position to judge, let alone "pass judgment."

Thank you Jehanne. May the Lord bless us all.

I had confessions with my bishop last Easter and told him of my (confused) postion regarding the current state of the Church and particularly the state of the Mass. I was expecting to be rebuked for refusing to attend the NO but that didn't happen. He told me to pray for the priests who are to face a severe and terrible judgment and he also asked for prayers fior himself. Before retirng due to ill health a few moths ago he reinstated a monthly TLM. I attend this Mass but still however have qualms concerning the validity of post conciliar ordinations which of course would affect the validity of any Mass including the TLM. As far as I am concerned, anyone who has no such scruples is verging on Protestantism.

Re. I don't fear the judgment of any mortal though in some instances such judgments have giving me pause for reflection on my position. The overriding fear of the judgment of God however has always won the day and to compromise what's due Him in reverence and respect is -to me- to be in cahoots with Judas (which to my shame I have been many a time). If modern echumenism and politically correct liturgy is rendering unto God what is God's, then one must concede that God has -for the first time since the creation of the world- lowered His standards.
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:05 pm

columba wrote:
I attend this Mass but still however have qualms concerning the validity of post conciliar ordinations which of course would affect the validity of any Mass including the TLM. As far as I am concerned, anyone who has no such scruples is verging on Protestantism.
Imagine that; anyone who has no such scruples concerning the validity of post conciliar ordinations is verging on Protestantism.

Spoken like a true schismatic who must invent a heresy to justify his schism.

Columba denies or doubts the indefectibility of the Church; which indefectibility is intrinsically bound to the universal Primacy of Peter to include his supreme Primacy and authority over the Liturgical Rites, Ordinations and Sacraments of the Church.

The divine mission to provide for a valid priesthood and the sanctification of the faithful -- what divine mission? According to Columba, the Church can fail in her divine mission, and if you disagree by ignoring the accusations of the smarter-than-the-Church crowd, you are verging on Protestantism.

And he has the audacity to accuse those who do not share in his heresy of “verging on Protestantism.”

Pathetic.
MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:02 pm

MRyan wrote:
columba wrote:
I attend this Mass but still however have qualms concerning the validity of post conciliar ordinations which of course would affect the validity of any Mass including the TLM. As far as I am concerned, anyone who has no such scruples is verging on Protestantism.
Imagine that; anyone who has no such scruples concerning the validity of post conciliar ordinations is verging on Protestantism.

Spoken like a true schismatic who must invent a heresy to justify his schism.

Columba denies or doubts the indefectibility of the Church; which indefectibility is intrinsically bound to the universal Primacy of Peter to include his supreme Primacy and authority over the Liturgical Rites, Ordinations and Sacraments of the Church.

The divine mission to provide for a valid priesthood and the sanctification of the faithful -- what divine mission? According to Columba, the Church can fail in her divine mission, and if you disagree by ignoring the accusations of the smarter-than-the-Church crowd, you are verging on Protestantism.

And he has the audacity to accuse those who do not share in his heresy of “verging on Protestantism.”

Pathetic.

I will answer your charge of schism in another thread.
The title of this thread is "Happy Easter."
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down