Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society"

Go down

Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society" Empty Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society"

Post  otremer6 Tue May 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Benedict XVI: "It would be easier for me not to recognize the Society"

The struggle for Unity

The SSPX is at a crossroads. The Pope is forced to a decision -- with or against the Vatican.

(kreuz.net) The structure Rome is offering the Society of St. Pius X is "unbelievably convenient". General Superior Bishop Bernard Fellay said this at the end of a sermon in Vienna. A section of the sermon is on the videoportal 'gloria.tv'.

"We remain, what we are"

After the upcoming possible recognition there would be no noticeable difference compared to now, says Msgr Fellay:

"We will remain what we are."

The guarantee of the freedom of the Society is something Bishop Fellay views as a problem. At the moment several points are unclear.

There is a fear that the Vatican will attempt to manipulate the SSPX.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2012/05/benedict-xvi-it-would-be-easier-for-me.html

otremer6

Back to top Go down