Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos)

Go down

Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) Empty Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos)

Post  Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:26 am

Here are some of the most famous Spanish Christmas Carols (It goes without saying that all are very religious themes.)

¡Feliz Navidad!

Back to top Go down

Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos) Empty Re: Spanish Christmas Carols (Villancicos)

Post  Elisa Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Thanks so much for those songs, Rasha. Just the other day I was thinking that I don’t know any Spanish Christmas carols. I remember when I was little I had a 45 record with 2 songs on it, El Rey Negro and I couldn’t remember the other song. Your link sounded like the second song and now I remember it. Navidad Para Todos. I couldn’t find any links to the carols because this was back in the 1960’s and 1970’s. But I did find a link to the little group who sang them and it brought back so many memories tonight.

When I was 6, 10 and 14, I spent those 3 summers in Spain. (My father is Basque and came to the US when he was 19 and my mother’s parents are from Galicia.) My cousins and I would watch this little one minute cartoon every night at 9 PM that would signal to all the little children in Spain that it was bedtime. They ate dinner later in Spain and the rest of Europe because they had the big meal of the day at 1 or 2 PM and everything closed down for a couple hours. Even the big department store, El Corte Ingles. Then at 5 or so we’d have a snack called la Merienda.

I hadn’t seen it in years, but never forgot it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHi3s71LtSc&feature=related

Feliz Navidad, Rasha, y deseo que Dios le bendiga en el ano nuevo. (Sorry I don’t know how to work my ene (~) key.) Plus my Spanish is at a 12 year old’s level. So I wouldn’t be able to discuss theology well in your Spanish forum. But I could read it if you ever get someone on there and maybe make a couple comments.
Elisa
Elisa

Back to top Go down