Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
I'm voting for Obama. EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
I'm voting for Obama. EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
I'm voting for Obama. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
I'm voting for Obama. EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
I'm voting for Obama. EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
I'm voting for Obama. EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

I'm voting for Obama.

5 posters

Go down

I'm voting for Obama. Empty I'm voting for Obama.

Post  Jehanne Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:00 am

I would rather vote for a honest pro-choice politician than a dishonest "pro-life" one:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2012/10/10/romney-abortion-conservatives/1624061/
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

I'm voting for Obama. Empty Re: I'm voting for Obama.

Post  George Brenner Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:14 pm

How can a true practicing Catholic vote for Obama? I will not vote for either candidate for president. We long ago have reached the point where no true practicing Catholic is electable. There are not enough true Catholics in the world let alone the United States to elect a President that will fight to overturn Roe vs Wade. There is a bill before the Senate that I am very involved in that would state that life begins at conception. If this were to pass the Supreme Court would rule that Roe vs Wade is unconstitutional from a natural guarantee and protection as part of the constitution. It is a long shot but I am personally convinced that it is the best opportunity to stop the murder and slaughter of our most innocent and vulnerable who must be protected by the constitution. If anyone would like the Bill/docket numbers along with Senator/Congressmen contacts I would be happy to provide that information. As far as making a decision in the extremely rare cases of the life of the pregnant mother's life being in danger, I would much prefer that the word abortion not even be used and instead leave those rare painful situations up to the doctors, parents and concerned parties along with prayer as they fight to save a life and are forced into a heartbreaking judgement of saving a life by the UNWANTED OR DESIRED death of an infant.

" Do this in memory of ME" in the Latin Mass and pre Vatican II always meant in memory of our Lord and Saviour , Jesus Christ. In many of the Novus Ordo Masses along with the liturgical abuses that have become so rampant, the "memory of Me" has come to represent the personality and stage presence of the celebrant? or the nonsense that diminishes or reduces to practical non existence of the reverence due all in Heaven. Our bishop recently said in quote article that the protestant reformation was a misunderstanding that Vatican II has cleared up. Oh so sad.

JMJ,

George
George Brenner
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  pascendi Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:55 pm

pascendi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:43 am

George Brenner wrote:How can a true practicing Catholic vote for Obama? I will not vote for either candidate for president.

I've changed my mind (again) and decided not to vote, also. It's something that I definitively do not enjoy not doing but there have just been too many warnings from too many bishops about losing one's immortal soul for me to vote for Obama. While I can say to a moral certitude that Republican policies will lead to more abortions and not fewer, it does seem like one is "cooperating with evil" in voting for an openly pro-choice candidate. So, I will be staying home a week from Tuesday.
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  pascendi Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Romney is a chump. Pro-Israel, pro-contraception, pro- killing little babies of rape and incest. The guy is a fraud.

His idiotic meandering on the abortion issue is a definite vote-killer for me, obviously, but lately, anyone who champions the state of Israel is going to get my auto-rejection. We Catholics, WE are Israel. This state in the middle east is the biggest act of identity theft in the history of mankind.

Now the CCC has a loose statement about the need to vote, yet there have been instances in the history of the Church when pontiffs have actually *forbade* Catholics to vote because either choice was unsuited to the sustainability of the Catholic Faith, practically. So we have a clear history that it is sometimes moral *not* to vote.

In this election, either choice is garbage. The Obama angle is obvious to everyone. Romney, however, has plenty of support with the soft-headed "I don't know jack about theology or history" types of Catholics. Which, unfortunately, consistutes nearly all of them.

Most often, these types will tell you that a vote for a third party candidate is a vote for Obama. How completely devoid of any intelligence: all anyone needs to do is to employ this argument:

Opponent: "A vote for anyone other than Romney is a vote for Obama!!!" (softheaded people use lots of exclamation points)

You: "If I vote for Obama, with full knowledge and intent as a Catholic, is that a serious sin?"

Opponent: "Absolutely!!!"

You: Arright then. So if I vote for a third party candidate, I've committed a serious sin?

Opponent: "What?"

You: "Well... you did just say that a vote for a third party candidate is a vote for Obama..."

pascendi

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm

You' folks in the US need to face reality and realize that the game's over. The White House already belongs to the marxist, atheistic communist usurpers and they ain't lettin it go no matter who you vote for. Even the choice of candidates is no longer decided by you' and if you' can't see that then really there's no hope for America.

Anyone still in possession of a working brain can't fail to see that this ain't gettin sorted without tears. Unfortunately, workng brains nowadays are rarer than crows teeth (they've already made sure of that by means of satelite and cable) and where help is to come from (bar direct intervention from above) is anyones guess; there's no plan A and I don't even see a plan B.
Short of all Catholics dumping their TV's, newspapers and addiction to Hollywood movies and using that recovered time to pray and make acts of atonement, it's more of the same and worse.

BTW, Ireland needs to do the same. I've already added my wee bit to the solution by getting rid of TV, newspapers and movies years ago. I've steadily increased the prayer and atonement part though not at the pace that the circumstances require, but even so, to my surprise (and everyone elses surprise), there has been improvement both mentally and morally. Too little too late? who knows? but gotta start somewhere.

columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:21 pm

"You folks" in Ireland need to drink more and pontificate to your U.S. cousins less. Is there something in the water? I'm voting for Obama. 312682

Two items of interest:

1. This article by Justin Raimondo, October 26, 2012, “Israel: The End of the Dream”, is spot on: http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/10/25/israel-the-end-of-the-dream/

2. This “interview” of Imran Khan in Toronto by some mainstream corporate (CBS) shill (posing as a “journalist”) is most revealing. As someone recently said, Imran Khan could run for President of the US, and win. He has a good chance of winning the vote in Pakistan (if he isn’t “offed” first – he has enemies in the west, and may end up on some executive “kill list”:

The Editor of Veterans Today (dot com) had this to say about the interview:

Jim W. Dean

October 27, 2012 - 7:45 am

This is how you spot a media ‘asset’. He led with the question to put Kahn on the defensive with the ‘not condemning the Taliban girl shooting', and of course quoting another source for cover. Kahn answered quite clearly and thoroughly that the charge was bogus, which really turn the tables on the interviewer.

The Jewish Lobby has Canadian media by the throat, and has for a long time now. The Mossad own a major platform there, lock stock and barrel, where their station chief works out of.

So the interviews next, to make the viewer forget that his set up question bombed, they come back with a very confusing question like the ‘triple question/statement’ that he tried to recover with. Kahn knew for sure now that this was a bushwhack interview, so his answer led with ‘you are mixing a lot of different things up’…again exposing for the viewer that the interviewer is trying to manipulate the interviewer.

But Kahn stuck to his guns and did not go on the defensive, and would not wear the Taliban robe that the interviewer was trying to drape over him. Imran used his time to get his bullet points out there, and several time you saw.

Also, a interviewer usually does not interrupt a very high level guest frequently as everybody in the biz knows that it is rude. But there is another reason. In a bushwhack interview there is a producer in the control room who is instructing the on camera guy what to do next, like when Kahn is making good points, giving the audience good answers but which these folks don’t like, the producer communicates through the ear plug to ‘hit him with question #4.

If you go back and rewatch, you can often see them look down at their notes to check, but harder spot if they are using the Teleprompter.

And lastly, the last thing said in the interview is all the ‘slow folks’ remember…and this is a dead giveaway. I bet you a $100 that the producer told the guy to ‘to be to the Taliban charge for the close.’ No real journalist would ever close with a question that had been fully answered as this tape can now be used forever as an example of his shilling.

Of course Kahn knew exactly what was going on and did not show any anger or get huffy, as that makes you look weak. He stuck with this closing points. And notice how quickly he was diving to get the ear piece off after the thank you. This is a guy who has no chinks in his armor.
Yep.

MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:41 pm

pascendi wrote:Romney is a chump. Pro-Israel, pro-contraception, pro- killing little babies of rape and incest. The guy is a fraud.

His idiotic meandering on the abortion issue is a definite vote-killer for me, obviously, but lately, anyone who champions the state of Israel is going to get my auto-rejection. We Catholics, WE are Israel. This state in the middle east is the biggest act of identity theft in the history of mankind.
Perhaps so, but Israel as a state exists (and has the right to defend itself) whether we like it or not. We shouldn't confuse theology with political reality.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with being "pro-Israel" so long as Israel is not driving our foreign policy, influencing our elections, spying on us and stealing classified material (even top secret intel). Neither should we be lending this rogue state (kind of like us!) billions in foreign and military aid (but war is big business, and "the health of the state"). I know I said this before, but AIPAC and its subsidiaries should be registered as foreign actors, and no one with dual Israeli/US citizenship should be allowed to serve in any official government capacity connected to the affairs of state.

There are high ranking government officials and members of the House who should be tried for treason for passing on top secret information to the Israeli's.

As an anecdotal aside, anyone who has ever watched the show "NCIS" knows that one of its "kick-butt" female agents (she can kill you with her little pinky) is Israeli and Mossad (whose brother is also Mossad, and assassinated his sister's predecessor at NCIS), and whose father is Mossad's Director. No conflict of interest there!

The respective Directors are in cahoots, and Mossad agents are allowed to run free in the US, assassinating at will all those pesky "sleeper cell terrorists" who, in the real world, are the products of the FBI's fervent imagination which manifests itself in carefully planned sting operations where a not-too-bright chump is selected and incited with bribes, an incessant stream of propaganda and the means to carry out some FBI dreamed-up "terrorist" act, only to be thwarted "at the last possible moment" (the Zionist Wolf Blitzer can be sooo dramatic) by the same heroic FBI before the confused chump can actually hurt anyone with an FBI built explosive device (usually inert).

In fact, in one comedic episode, when one of the NCIS agents kills a Mossad assassin in self-defense, he is whisked by his bosses off to Israel only to be interrogated by the Director of Mossad himself, while the US team of Israeli sycophants looks on! Of course, the valiant NCIS agent tricks the Mossad Director into revealing that he was giving orders to the Mossad assassin, I mean "agent". So, no harm, no foul, and everyone is happy!

The level to which boobus Americanus has been brain-washed is simply extraordinary.

Back to the subject, we can be pro-Israel in the same sense we are "pro" any legitimate state that we wish to foster mutually beneficial diplomatic relationships and the common good, without infringing on the others sovereignty. But, as they say, "enough is enough", and we are letting Israel dictate much of our foreign policy, and both Obama and Romney are pro-war, anti-Christan, pro-Zionist "stooges".

Columba and Pascendi are also correct in this sense: The game is rigged, and until we can break out of the "Democratic/Republican" false paradigm, we will get more of the same, and we may in fact fall off the financial and/or WWIII cliff before sanity can be restored, and/or are Lord says "Enough".

Of course, without true Catholic sanity, we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes, and if I am not mistaken, the script has already been written, and prophesied (but please, no more of the "Whore of Babylon" and "Rome will lose the Faith and become the seat of the Antichrist" silliness (meaning the See of Rome, i.e., the "Seat [from 'ex cathedra'] of Peter" will lose the faith and become the seat of the Antichrist, which is heretical).

The city of Rome, apart from the See/Seat of Peter, may in fact lose the faith (in the main, but never totally) and become the seat of the Antichrist.

It is somewhat irritating to see how some raddy-traddy end-of-days Catholics are all too willing to "interpret" dogma in light of speculative private revelation, which is all too easy to misunderstand.

The See (Seat) of Peter shall not fail, period and de fide. Who said so? Our Lord, whose promise is infallibly confirmed by Peter and the Apostles at VCI.
MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Inram Khan certainly knew the deck was stacked against him in that interview but kept is cool and responded admirably.

1. This article by Justin Raimondo, October 26, 2012, “Israel: The End of the Dream”, is spot on: http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/10/25/israel-the-end-of-the-dream/

Im probably not alone in this but I can identify with the above article as it's not so long ago since I too believed the Jews to be an innocent, persecuted and victimized race. I had that illusion cleared up by reading a few well researched and documented facts detailing their (mostly covert) influence in world finacial and political events.

Strangely though, that Catholic, American (Joan of Arc type) terrier seems to have missed the target by placing all the blame for the worlds problems at the feet of the Muslims. Just today (her birthday) she revealed on her blog that the IRS have emptied her bank account for refusing to pay her taxes while the government allocates a percentage of that tax to fund "health care" abortions.

http://barnhardt.biz/

I don't think she realizes as yet that the Jewish, Rothchild-run Fed Res will be the main beneficiaries of her hard earned cash.

"You folks" in Ireland need to drink more and pontificate to your U.S. cousins less. Is there something in the water?

Nothing like solving the worlds problems over a nice cool pint and a glass of single malt whisky. I'm voting for Obama. 390412
Luckily we were preserved from the flouride water poisoning up here in the north by our majority, Unionist, Protestant breteren who were having none of it.

Anyways, I keep my eye on what's happening in the US for two reasons: The first of which is to do with my fathers affiliation with the USA having served for almost 40 yrs (both here and in the states) as Budget & Accounting Officer for the US naval base here in Ireland until its closure in the early 70's. If he were alive today he'd be spitting blood at what's happening there now.
Second reason; what happens in America will have direct results on what happens here (and everywhere for that matter) so it's up to you loyal defenders of the US constitution to get your act together. I'm voting for Obama. 490908 Us Irish will watch from the sidelines with our roseries in hand. I'm voting for Obama. 115232

columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down