Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
From Water Cooler to Salvation EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

From Water Cooler to Salvation

+2
simple Faith
George Brenner
6 posters

Go down

From Water Cooler to Salvation Empty From Water Cooler to Salvation

Post  George Brenner Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:35 am

Ah, my dear friends at NSOCC blog, I did not think that I would post here again but now that I see some of the older familiar names have returned probably out of curiosity combined with the void of the ongoing chance to learn and improve our knowledge and love of our Catholic Faith I have decided that at least this one post might be in order. After all there is a wealth of information on this blog. All the emotions in our exchanges have probably been felt by all which include but were not limited to joy, perplexity, confusion, disbelief, anger , agreement , disagreement, meanness , stubbornness and exuberance and vulgar crudeness just to name a few. Thick skin and rules for engagement were often misconstrued and rampant. Love was not in the air often enough!

Let me say hi to Allie. I pray all is well with you. Keep the faith as I am sure you will. Jehanne, I have continued to pray for your dad daily since his death and wish you well. Simple Faith, I always liked that name and your posts for we have missed and lost our simplicity as children in loving God and Church. Columba, what a great soldier. I think that you really miss the faith that we lost during this crisis and it is to you most especially that I ask the favor in listening to the two sermons in the links below as a favor to me. I hope that you may find the words as voices of angels and from above as you enjoy a pint figuratively speaking with the likes of Father Faber and Saint Catherine of Sienna. Pascendi, I salute your formula for living life. In regards to MRyan is well and yes we exchange e mails. It was Mike that sent me the second link, which I found to be an exceptional spiritual shot to the soul. Mike's efforts on NSOCC blog are sorely missed; at least that is one sinners perspective.

Advise from Angels, mortals or above ? :

http://www.audiosancto.org/auweb/20131027-The-Vicar-of-Christ-the-King-True-Devotion-to-the-Pope.mp3

http://files.audiosancto.org/20131027-Spiritual-Contraception.mp3

My response below, with slight additions was my e mail to Mike after listening to the above sermon.

Mike,

I listened to the sermon with great interest. The priest does a great job with content, inflection and substance. What he says is true as we have commented many times. We do deserve this crisis for with our smorgasbord mentality steeped in modernism. materialism and immorality we have proven that we were not good faithful servants and stewards of our beloved Catholic faith. We persisted in wanting things our way for such a long time that we deserved this punishment for our grave sins. We did not appreciate the heavenly treasure that we had. We had the arrogance to think that we had our Catholic faith all figured out and could dictate and demand that our opinions be incorporated into acceptable Catholic beliefs. We challenged God and Church and then became befuddled when God simply gave us what we asked for in a Church that we deserved. Many of us think that we are on the right road in our analysis of this crisis? Really! How can anyone be so sure of themselves? Prayer and humility combined with a sincere love of neighbor may lead to understanding and wisdom. Charity , love, reverence and truth begin at home and in our own lives before we can possibly have a positive effect on the solution. It pains many, self included, to live through this time in history; our mortal history. The only thing that I would add to the sermon is that we must fight for our faith as silence can be construed to mean agreement with the status quo. Love as the good priest says is critical and love without truth is practically worthless. Love with blatant error, babel and irreverence is disgusting. We must love and be loyal to our Holy Father in all that is good and question with the deepest respect that in which he disappoints and offends God and Church. Let us not forget that we invoke the name of our Pope continually during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. The Church certainly goes through peaks and valleys in its journey in time. We are now in a valley in which God has willed that we suffer due to our attachment to materialism and irreverence as a matter of fact by most who call themselves Catholic. Can we not watch and pray with Jesus in the garden long enough to give up our electronic devises and the urgency to get from point A to point B only to find out that we think we will find happiness at point C? I think not but God knows are hearts and minds. Now if only MRyan could tweak and translate my ramblings as he so faithfully has in the past.

St Paul: " Compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus, I consider everything I once treasured to be as insignificant as rubbish "

JMJ,

George

George Brenner
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

From Water Cooler to Salvation Empty Re: From Water Cooler to Salvation

Post  simple Faith Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:17 am

Hi George, good to hear from you again and no surprise to see that you're still holding the faith. If you are in contact with mike again please send him my regards and maybe encourage him to pay a visit here.
simple Faith
simple Faith

Back to top Go down

Post  Jehanne Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:35 pm

George,

Good to hear from you!!  And, thank you for your prayers!!!   You're such a Saint!  It would be good to have Mike back, however, he was banned by the prior Admin, so someone will need to fix that.  I would, but of course, I don't have the necessary access.  Perhaps Rasha can fix things if he is still around.

Blessings to you, George, and to everyone!

Don
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Post  tornpage Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:20 am

Good to see some life coming back to this site. May the LORD bless us all.

It would be nice to see Mike back indeed.

tornpage
tornpage
tornpage

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:55 am

Hi everyone; thanks for the warm summons and welcome.

Nice to see sparks of life.  

Let's see, anything new?

Mike
MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi George!

Thank you- I am trying to work out my salvation in fear and trembling y'know!! Things are going well around here.  We have added another little boy to our brood making that 5; so life is busy but always fun.  I should add that I am given many opportunities daily to work on my lack of patience:)

Good to see everyone- looking forward to/hoping to see further posts from you all.  Hope you are all weathering the storms with hearts of warriors.  We need strong faithful men these days.

May God bless you all!
Allie
Allie

Back to top Go down

Post  tornpage Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:17 pm

And presto, there he is. Smile
tornpage
tornpage

Back to top Go down

Post  MRyan Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:46 pm

tornpage wrote:And presto, there he is. Smile
Ha! Someone "nudged" me ....

Heck, even Pascendi stopped in to say hello. Nice to hear familiar voices.
MRyan
MRyan

Back to top Go down

Post  George Brenner Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Throughout the years I have had this recurring thought of Jesus stopping on the hillside to talk, advise, challenge  rebuke and give spiritual clarity to myself and those gathered  together. Why it could even be Jesus talking to those of us that have posted on NSOCC forum. The thought of such an occurrence to me a sinner has both scared and inspired me. To me it is a given that the words of Jesus would ( fill in the blanks ), only to find out that most certainly the son of God's words would change us instantly. To love, know and serve God with all of our heart, soul and mind must be the precious moment to moment state of living in which we spend our lives. The crisis in the Church is permitted and willed by God himself as a condition that we have brought upon ourselves. We were given what we wanted and the Popes, clerics and laity simply reflect what we did not practice and hold true. If we spend our time subscribing and embracing the writings of Saints, follow the centuries of Church teaching on sound clear doctrine and catechesis, choose reverence over novelties, cherish the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the Holy Eucharist, confession, the rosary, prayer and love our neighbor it then becomes possible that God will remove the punishment. We may very well be judged on what we did do and not by our attacks and lamentation on how bad clerics have acted. I found much truth on the blog below taken from Ars Orandi.  At any given time in Church history it is never permissible to approve or accept the weeds as something desired. Weeds are more prevalent when care has not been taken to minimize their stranglehold on the wheat. But we can be certain weeds are a given in this life and exist at all levels of Catholicism.  

Traditional Catholic Priest

Traditional Catholics Find Consolation in Jesus’ Parable of the Wheat and the Weeds  -  There has always been and will continue to be good and bad in the Catholics in the Church. The Parable of Jesus about the wheat and the cockle (weeds)

http://www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com/2013/11/10/traditional-catholics-find-consolation-in-jesus-parable-of-the-wheat-and-the-weeds/

http://www.audiosancto.org/auweb/20131027-The-Vicar-of-Christ-the-King-True-Devotion-to-the-Pope.mp3

http://files.audiosancto.org/20131027-Spiritual-Contraception.mp3

JMJ,

George
George Brenner
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down