Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession

2 posters

Go down

New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession Empty Re: New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession

Post  wheat4paradise Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:41 am

No, it's clearly not an attack on the Sacrament of Confession. It's an app designed to help Catholics prepare to make a good sacramental confession.

Take a deep breath, not every new thing is an attack on the Church.
wheat4paradise
wheat4paradise

http://wheat4paradise.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession Empty Re: New iPhone app aims to help Catholics go to Confession

Post  wheat4paradise Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:45 am

This thread should be moved to the Spirituality or News forum. It has nothing to do with the crisis in the Church. IMHO.
wheat4paradise
wheat4paradise

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Fatima for our times wrote:
Attack on the Sacrament of Confession.

How so?

Back to top Go down

Post  simple Faith Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Fatima you never cease to amaze,.. "Attack on the Sacrament of Confession" ... you think this app is an 'attack??', let me tell you, it's nothing compared to the 'attacks' you yourself make against the Holy Father. Have you ever tested the app or did the Diamond brothers advice you again??? or was it the freemason's relative who overheard the conversation about the murder of Sr Lucy??? or maybe the new world order is behind it. Sorry must leave now I've just spotted Elvis outside.
simple Faith
simple Faith

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 pm

It looks to me as if they are trying to make a joke out of the Sacrament of Confession. It's things like this that are corrupting the young people. What ever happened going through the penny Catechism and the Ten Commandments in the bedroom with the door locked. Then the kids will be able to examine their own conscience with out some mini computer screen telling them what they have done wrong and what they need to say to the priest.

It's a scam if you ask me.

Could you picture to yourself a 14 year old running along to confession with his iPhone in the 1920's, when in the confessional box, the priest saying:

Well my child, have you been behaving yourself?

14 year old: Just a sec Father, they're stored in my iPhone.

Father: Your iPhone.

14 year old: Yes Father.

Father: What in the world is a iPhone.

14 year old: Well Father, it's an electronic device that lets me down load and store music, i can watch music videos of my favorite pop stars like eminem and lady gaga. I can even get on the Internet and log into facebook. I can talk to some one in China if i like. I also loaded a new app onto it that i can store my sins in, it's a good job, i bought for 199. Couldn't beat it.

Father: You dare to enter this confessional box with a device that is responsible for you committing the sins in the first place. Give me that thing off you, now confess your sins and repent, and never have one of those things on you again.

Back to top Go down

Post  simple Faith Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Hopefully that same priest will take your computer away to stop you sinning again with it.
simple Faith
simple Faith

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Simple Faith wrote:
Hopefully that same priest will take your computer away to stop you sinning again with it..

Yea, okay.

You see Simple Faith, things like this don't offend people like you. It doesn't bother you that the young are running around with iPhones, were they can log onto the Internet and view any type of website they wish, with no parents looking over their shoulder to protect them from disgusting filth that's only a click of a button away. These priests are only encouraging the young. The child then will say:

look mum, the priest said that the iPhone is a good idea for learning about the Sacrament of confession and going over my sins.

Mum will say: well if the priest said it's okay, i suppose.

Child: yeeaaa, thanks mum.

Two days latter the child gets one, gets on the Internet, clicks on a bad website, mortal sin. The child had 1 or 2 venial sins to confess. That's how it starts.

There's no fooling you anyway SF.

Back to top Go down

Post  simple Faith Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Yes, your probably right Fatima, child gets Iphone, goes to the 'disgusting filth that's only a click of a button away' and finds the Dimond brothers site (sorry may have left out the letter 'h ' in site) and says 'look mum, forget about confession, the priests are all heretics and the Pope is an imposter, why bother going to mass.
simple Faith
simple Faith

Back to top Go down

Post  wheat4paradise Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:34 pm

simple Faith wrote:Yes, your probably right Fatima, child gets Iphone, goes to the 'disgusting filth that's only a click of a button away' and finds the Dimond brothers site (sorry may have left out the letter 'h ' in site) and says 'look mum, forget about confession, the priests are all heretics and the Pope is an imposter, why bother going to mass.
Well said, SF. There is indeed all kinds of sin inducing filth on the internet, some of it posing as Traditional Catholicism. Satan presents himself as an angel of light.
wheat4paradise
wheat4paradise

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Well said, SF. There is indeed all kinds of sin inducing filth on the internet, some of it posing as Traditional Catholicism. Satan presents himself as an angel of light..

Is'nt that the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:46 pm

While the examination of conscience provided on the app isn't the best, it's not bad either. There's also the ability to add in whatever the app doesn't ask... The app was designed to get cradle Catholics back into the Confessional by offering them an app for their phone that walks them step by step through an examination of conscience and the Sacrament of Confession-- telling them (in general) what the priest will say and do, and prompting the penitent with what to say as well. While I'm not a fan of high-tech gadgets in Church (i.e., iPad/iPhone missals, etc.) it seems a bit rash to condemn something for reaching out to fallen away Catholics.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Ironic that people condemn such apps as an attack on the sacrament of confession on an internet forum. (I am referring to people in general, this is going on in other forums as well.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down