Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Disabled boy denied religious sacrament EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Disabled boy denied religious sacrament

Go down

Disabled boy denied religious sacrament Empty Disabled boy denied religious sacrament

Post  Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:25 am

Castro was told by Fr. Phil Henning, with the Sacred Heart Catholic Church, her grandson Kevin had the mental capacity of a 6-month-old and he did not qualify to receive his First Holy Communion.

"He said because he was not able to understand the meaning of receiving the body of Christ," Castro said.

Canon law requires that a child receiving Holy Communion have "sufficient knowledge" of Christ, but it does not define what level of knowledge is considered sufficient.

http://www.wdam.com/story/14503697/mom-disabled-son-denied-religious-sacrament

Back to top Go down

Disabled boy denied religious sacrament Empty Re: Disabled boy denied religious sacrament

Post  Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:26 am

This is a tough one because if he made first communion and then had an accident couldn't he still receive?

And refusing the Anointing of the Sick I think shows there is more to the story because if she were really as devout as she pretends to be she wouldn't have refused it no matter how "insulted " she was.

Back to top Go down

Disabled boy denied religious sacrament Empty Re: Disabled boy denied religious sacrament

Post  DeSelby Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:05 am

duckbill wrote:This is a tough one because if he made first communion and then had an accident couldn't he still receive?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here, Duckbill. Maybe I'm just not fully awake yet though.

duckbill wrote:And refusing the Anointing of the Sick I think shows there is more to the story because if she were really as devout as she pretends to be she wouldn't have refused it no matter how "insulted " she was.

I agree.

I also agree with the priest's decision. This is what happens when Communion is seen as a right. When it's refused it's seen as "discrimination" or "politics." "Quick, someone get the ACLU on the case."
DeSelby
DeSelby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:23 am

Good point De Selby. I am not really sure of my point either. LOL I think you are right about it being used as a ritual of "right". If the boy is so handicapped he can't lose Sanctifying Grace and has no real desire for the Sacrament either. It seems that the woman is the one with the desire and feels the "lose"

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down