Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural.

2 posters

Go down

Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. Empty Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural.

Post  Jehanne Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

A Reader Asks: "Is Fatima Really a Miracle?"

Dear TRADITIO Fathers

Many veteran traditional Catholics (H. Gibson, Ellwanger, Morgan) have been Fatima skeptics, but how does one justify this skepticism in the face of the Miracle of the Sun? For all that, it does seem that Fatima has become a cottage industry, and surely much money is being made by the unscrupulous off of it. Is Fatima really a miracle?

The TRADITIO Fathers Reply.

It is Catholic dogma that no purported miracles after the death of the last Apostle, St. John, about the year 100, are a matter of Faith. Only the miracles of Our Lord and His Apostles are matters of Faith. Thus, one could hold, in complete conformity with the Catholic Faith, that Fatima was a natural meteorological event, as some have held. Perhaps the raging storm in Madrid on August 20, 2011, that threw Benedict-Ratzinger off his throne and silenced his Modernistic "homily" was an even greater miracle with deeper contemporary significance. Who knows? Maybe instead of Fatima, we will soon be talking about the Madrid Revelation!

Not even Richard Dawkins, the World's leading "village atheist," claims this:

http://unamsanctamecclesiamcatholicam.blogspot.com/2011/04/miracle-of-sun-proves-that-catholic.html

If the Miracle of the Sun is just "a natural meteorological event" (which means, that the miracle was false), then one could make the exact same claim about all the miracles of Christ, His Resurrection from the Dead, and every other miraculous claim in the history of the World, because the evidence for the Miracle of the Sun is far, far greater (from a historical point of view) than the witness provided by the Gospels and all of the New Testament. Indeed, atheistic scholars of the Bible (indeed, most scholars of the Bible) dismiss the Gospels as being embellished, legendary, and inaccurate accounts of the Life of our Lord, but when analyzing Fatima, they are dumbfounded (see the link above.)

If the Miracle of the Sun is not true, then the Roman Catholic Faith is false, because if Catholics can be wrong about the essence of Fatima, then they can be wrong about everything else that Catholicism has ever asserted as being true. Even some of the most liberal Catholic scholars assert the Miracle of the Sun as being "the grandest miracle of all time."
Jehanne
Jehanne

Back to top Go down

Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural. Empty Re: Traditio says that the Miracle of the Sun may have been natural.

Post  columba Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:41 pm

I visit that site occasionally to read their news articles and letters and (as with the Dimond bros) I can't help but detect a certain odor of Puritanism. The prevailing tone of these (Traditio and Dimond bros) I find IMO to be somewhat robotic and even soulless.
I don't know if these words describe my uneasiness perfectly but they are the first that come to mind. I take this as a sign (at least for me) to maintain a healthy wariness regarding sedevacantism in general even if there are among the ranks others who do not exude this tone.
And even though I still believe that God is not pleased with the current leader/s of His Church nor the rubricless NO Mass, I doubt if He would ever sanction the "every-man-for-himself" position unless, possibly as a punishment to an apostate world; even then the charism of infallibility couldn't be claimed by any individual or group other than the legitimate successors of Peter.

I take Traditio and its anonymous editor/s with a good pinch of salt.

columba
columba

Back to top Go down