Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
Dr. William Craig's Open Forum EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

Dr. William Craig's Open Forum

3 posters

Go down

Dr. William Craig's Open Forum Empty Dr. William Craig's Open Forum

Post  Roguejim Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Looks like an interesting group of subforums once you scroll down past the debates. It might be an opportunity to break out of the "in house" arguing, and engage some non-Catholics. I think I'll post a question in the General Discussion area. I'll report back if there is any interest here.

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/site/PageServer?pagename=message_board
Roguejim
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

Dr. William Craig's Open Forum Empty Re: Dr. William Craig's Open Forum

Post  Roguejim Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Well, posing as the inquiring stooge, I posted the question below. Not the most in-depth question I could have asked, but it's a start. My question awaits moderation.

"A friend of mine said he was more confused after attending a Bible study, than he was before attending. He said that there was so much "opinion" regarding various scriptural verses, that in the end, no one was certain whose interpretation was correct. Of course, they could have all been wrong, too. So, how does one come to know with certainty when he is interpreting Scripture correctly, considering the fallibility of Man? Can it be done?"
Roguejim
Roguejim

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Roguejim wrote:Looks like an interesting group of subforums once you scroll down past the debates. It might be an opportunity to break out of the "in house" arguing, and engage some non-Catholics. I think I'll post a question in the General Discussion area. I'll report back if there is any interest here.

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/site/PageServer?pagename=message_board

Huh hum Jim,
I take it the in-house arguing refers to the baptism of desire/baptism of blood and invalidly elected Popes and such?
I too would love to be involved in the non-Catholic vs Catholic debates but even if you resolve the biblical interpretation question and you are successful in converting a number of Protestants, how then will you interpret Church teaching to them and, how will you be able to persuade them that your interpretation is the correct one?
Do you tell them that they need to be Catholic to be saved (which contradicts majority Catholic belief) and expect them to accept your minority position within the Church?
This is why I feel the in-house arguing is important.

I will be following your debate though.

columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:27 pm

PS. Jim
I think I picked you up wrong. Where you referring to the Protestant forum and not this one?
My humble apologies if you were.
I still feel the rest of my post has some merit, as unanswered questions such as these have prevented me from fulfilling my Catholic duty to evangelize outside the Church. Embarassed
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Dr. William Craig's Open Forum Empty RE: Dr. William Craig's open Forum/ Bible Studies

Post  George Brenner Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Bible Studies.... Heard about those! Not for me.....

Wow, that is way over my pay grade. I would imagine depending on the beverages, there would be lots of differing positions, especially If there were lets say 10 people or more studying or opinionating. There could moments of high fives or even fistacuffs. Maybe that is how a lot of local fifth Third church of_______ get started.

Bible intrepretation should be left to the centuries of the Dogmatic and correct teachings of Our Catholic faith;the Council of Trent for example. Everything I have read from our Saints concentrate on their love of our one true Faith, clothing the naked, praying, sacrifice, charity, conversion, penance and their so often common theme of the fewness of those that are saved.

Trying to convert non catholics is very difficult but try we must. I always try my best, though I am sure in my zest and zeal I do not do so well at times, in the complete charity area. Although I am not always comfortable in my approach in my conversation with a non Catholic, specifically when the subject is religion, I must, time permitting not only defend but encourage the person to become Catholic for all the reasons we know, including the necessity for salvation. It is difficult as mentioned in earlier post because true Catholics are in such a small minority. I do get great comfort when I read so many saints writings such as St Peter Mavimenus, St Fulgentius, St Augustine along with Ex Cathedera pronunciations whereby the Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and preaches by the Likes of Pope Eugene IV, Pope Boniface VIII and many many others.
George Brenner
George Brenner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down