Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus Forum (No Salvation Outside the Church Forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Unity of the Body (the Church, Israel)
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:46 am by tornpage

» Defilement of the Temple
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:44 am by tornpage

» Forum update
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am by tornpage

» Bishop Williamson's Recent Comments
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 pm by MRyan

» The Mysterious 45 days of Daniel 12:11-12
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 am by tornpage

» St. Bonaventure on the Necessity of Baptism
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 pm by tornpage

» Isaiah 22:20-25
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:44 am by tornpage

» Translation of Bellarmine's De Amissione Gratiae, Bk. VI
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 am by tornpage

» Orestes Brownson Nails it on Baptism of Desire
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyThu Jan 18, 2024 3:06 pm by MRyan

» Do Feeneyites still exist?
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 am by Jehanne

» Sedevacantism and the Church's Indefectibility
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptySat Jan 13, 2024 5:22 pm by tornpage

» Inallible safety?
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm by MRyan

» Usury - Has the Church Erred?
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 11:05 pm by tornpage

» Rethink "Feeneyism"?
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:40 pm by MRyan

» SSPX cannot accept Vatican Council II because of the restrictions placed by the Jewish Left
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am by Jehanne

» Anyone still around?
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 11:04 pm by Jehanne

» Angelqueen.org???
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 am by Paul

» Vatican (CDF/Ecclesia Dei) has no objection if the SSPX and all religious communities affirm Vatican Council II (without the premise)
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Piazza Spagna - mission
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am by Lionel L. Andrades

» Fund,Catholic organisation needed to help Catholic priests in Italy like Fr. Alessandro Minutella
A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am by Lionel L. Andrades

A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics"

2 posters

Go down

A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" Empty A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics"

Post  DeSelby Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:48 am

I'm thinking of writing a letter to Pope Benedict XVI pitching him this idea...

The agnostics get a courtyard; why shouldn't Catholics who are confused, despondent, bewildered, concussed and concerned about the seeming reign of Modernism and heresy in the Church have one? We would present our concerns in a calm, charitable manner, but we also wouldn't beat around the bush... It would be like a summit. And it would be primarily for the layman, rather than theologians behind closed doors.

Kindly ask them to solve the riddles of Vatican Council Two before our eyes, if such is even possible. Present them with what we respectfully believe to be their troubling statements and actions, and ask them, humbly, to explain themselves.

If one is to go Sedevacantist, I think that one at least owes it to the authorities a chance to explain themselves. It is just.

I put it to the forum: What do you all think? A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" 390412
DeSelby
DeSelby

Back to top Go down

A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" Empty Re: A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics"

Post  Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:41 am

The problem is that most letters to the authorities go unanswered.

I have written letters to my bishop before (not about modernism but about another issue) and they have gone unanswered.

I think the best way is just to hammer on these points in the public forum. I mean look....obviously the traditionalists were right about "pro multis" otherwise they would not have changed the translation of the Novus Ordo. The SSPX was also right about the Old Mass never being abrogated. That's how the authorities tend to work, it takes them a long time to change something, when they do change it they don't admit the traditionalists were right, and then they do the change quietly.

Back to top Go down

A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics" Empty Re: A "Courtyard for Confused Catholics"

Post  Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 am

Either that or you would need a well known theologian to pick up some of these issues. I had big hopes that Fr. Harrison would put the issue of explicit faith on the table, but his article on explicit faith has been removed from the internet.

Back to top Go down

Post  columba Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:00 pm

I've come to the conclussion that the only answer is the rosary. Like St Louis de Montfort said, pray the rosary every day and pray it well, meditating on the mysteries, for the purpose of knowning the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon.
Our Lady agrees with the saint as per her request at Fatima.
columba
columba

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:11 pm

columba wrote:I've come to the conclussion that the only answer is the rosary. Like St Louis de Montfort said, pray the rosary every day and pray it well, meditating on the mysteries, for the purpose of knowning the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon.
Our Lady agrees with the saint as per her request at Fatima.
Amen. I agree.

I mean, there is a point to fighting for truth, etc. But really the best thing we can do (because it's the only thing we actually have any control over) is to pray.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down